An award winning app that curates news and information for all your interests, including the latest coverage of coronavirus. With thousands of national and local sources, Flipboard is one place to stay connected to the stories that matter every day. You can personalize it for the news you care about--follow business, health, tech, sports teams, cooking, travel and more and get up-to-the-minute developments as well as insightful long reads.
You can also collect stories you like by using the + button to add them to your own Flipboard Magazine. Make your magazine public to share ideas and insights with your community.
USE FLIPBOARD TO:
- Keep up on the important and insightful stories from the world’s leading publishers including: The New York Times, National Geographic, Vanity Fair, Forbes, The Atlantic, BBC and thousands more
- Follow Local feeds for the latest on COVID-19 as well as local news, weather, commute, sports, and dining (currently there are feed for 35 major US metros)
- Get personalized news with Smart Magazines: Swipe to “Explore More Passions”, pick a topic and then select subtopics to personalize the content, for example, select Food and customize with Paleo or Baking.
- Read The Daily Edition: keep up with the news in our daily roundup, hand-picked by our editorial team.
- Curate stories to share with others: Use the + (plus) on any article to add them to your own Flipboard Magazine to collect for yourself or share ideas with friends.
SOME OF THE PUBLISHERS ON FLIPBOARD:
- News & Politics: The New York Times, CNN, The Washington Post, Politico, Axios
- Technology & Science: TechCrunch, Wired, Fast Company, Popular Science, National Geographic, ReCode
- Business & Entrepreneurship: The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Fortune, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur
- Wellness & Lifestyle: Brit + Co., Self, Greatist, Prevention, Women's Health, Men's Health
- Entertainment: People, Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, PopSugar,Hollywood Reporter, Variety
- Food & Cooking: Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Food52, Serious Eats, Eater
- Travel: Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, Lonely Planet, Budget Travel, AFAR
- Sports: ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, SB Nation, Bleacher Report
- Home & Gardening: ELLE DECOR, House Beautiful, Dwell, Remodelista, Gardenista
- Style: Vogue, Refinery29, GQ, Elle, Glamour, Esquire, Harper's Bazaar, W Magazine
- Outdoor Adventure: Outside, Bicycling Magazine, Runner's World, Snowboarder Magazine, Powder Magazine, Canoe & Kayak
And many, many more...
KEEP UP WITH FLIPBOARD:
For product updates and the latest from our blog, including tips on how to use Flipboard, follow us on:
For videos on how to use Flipboard, visit https://about.flipboard.com/tutorials/.
We’d love to hear what you think: Reach out to our support team under Settings > Help & Feedback. For any other technical issues or questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
- Local topics for 35 cities in Onboarding and Explore
- Coronavirus Updates with new dedicated tab in Explore
- Bug fixes for “Less Like This”
- Need more help: Browse our help desk in Settings, Help & Feedback or at flip.it/help
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Flipboard is great. However...they may want address how many user comments are legitimate thoughts written by actual readers. Many comments connected to articles appear to be written by users with little or no flips, likes, or magazines...perhaps indicating no real investment into the app or no desire to actually read articles...they only want a venue to
help foster disagreements. Many of these comments look purposely incendiary. Considering that many of these articles go on to be posted on Facebook or Twitter, Flipboard may want to do its part to curb bots and “fake news” and encourage legitimate discussion rather than fostering division. Commenters who actually have flips or magazines are few and far between, indicating an overwhelming number of commenters are not real accounts. Flipboard, please solve this, you have a responsibility to NOT contribute to division.
Addition: The comments are now even more prevalent and, if you can believe this, more negative and divisive from both sides. These commenters haven’t even read the articles! It’s ridiculous! These are definitely bots or trolls meant to drive up anger. Flipboard replied to my last review that I could “report” these users. Are you kidding me!?!? I’d have to report ALL of them on every article. How is this responsible of you as a company?!?! What are you doing to curb this besides putting it on the onus of your legit users to “report” every single fake user?!?!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! We want Flipboard to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. If you ever come across inappropriate comments on Flipboard, please use the Report feature to let us know. We monitor reports daily against our community guidelines. For help, go to Settings, Help & Feedback, Contact Support, then Contact Us.
New version doesn't open
The latest version opens for a millisecond and then quits. I'm running iOS 9, and even tho info says it's compatible with iOS 9, I suspect that's the problem. Unfortunately, unlike MacOS, there is no way for me to go back to the previous version. Flipboard, I will miss you.
UPDATE ON JUNE 6 -- Hi, Developer! Thanks for your response. Right before I wrote the above review, I tried deleting whatever version of Flipboard I had on my phone, and then reinstalling it from the App Store. No luck. It still didn't open. But then I tried downloading again a few minutes ago and BINGO! The app opened right up, just like the good old days. I don't know which version I had a few days ago and which version I have now, and quite frankly I don't care. All I know is that Flipboard is working again and that makes me rather happy. I am changing my rating from one star to five stars, to reflect how much I enjoy using this app. I've got a whole bunch of "news aggregator" apps on my phone because I'm a news junkie, but this is my favorite. Welcome back, Flipboard!
Developer Response ,
Unfortunately, this is a known issue with version 4.2.9. Please update your app to the stable version 4.2.10. For help, please contact us inside the app's Settings, Help & Feedback.
Good App for Topical News
This app is not as good or user friendly as the 5-star Zite app it consumed and killed, but it is OK a for finding news on specific topics that may be of personal or professional interest, often that you may not find elsewhere (the main reason I use this app). There seem to be some bugs involving sharing via social media where the headlines don't show up, just an abbreviated link. The web interface on a desktop is sometimes better & more usable than the iPhone app in some ways. Linked articles where ads cover so much of the screen I can't see the article & the ad won't close without opening in safari can be a problem. Also, I have subscribed to a bunch of "channels" that seem to have gone dormant with no new content for months & find that it's difficult to unsubscribe or even move them to the bottom so they're at least out of the way. Would be nice if it were easier to organize or delete these saved topics (especially for those of us who follow a lot)
Developer Response ,
Appreciate the thorough review, sconnell2! We'll be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team. We can help clarify some of these feedback points, in particular, the ads experience, "channels" not updating, and ways for organizing your content. Just message us inside the app using the Help & Feedback page, or email email@example.com. We're happy to help!
- Flipboard, Inc.
- 122 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2018 Flipboard Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.