The Free Music Archive is a non-profit digital library offering free and legal MP3 downloads. It's directed by WFMU, the most renowned freeform radio station in America.
Using this free app you can now enjoy the Free Music Archive from your iOS device:
- Browse by genres including Blues, Classical, Country, Electronic, Folk, Hip-Hop, Instrumental, International, Jazz, Old-Time/Historic, Pop, Rock, Soul, and more!
- Listen, share and download our handpicked "Featured Playlists"
- Download your queued songs to the app, and save them for offline listening
- Share music and playlists over Twitter, Facebook, e-mail and text message
- Search for new music by genre, mood, and by license, with the ability to filter for instrumental music
Every MP3 you discover in the Free Music Archive is pre-cleared for certain types of use that would otherwise be prohibited by copyright laws. For more information about how to use the tracks in the app, click on the About page or visit www.freemusicarchive.org.
New User Interface.
Support for new iPhones and iPads.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Idk if you can download but if so I am just really stupid I’m trying to be an upcoming music maker or even just make songs for my family to enjoy but I can’t download it to add words over it
But the app it self has flaws: the favorite button doesn't usually sync up, so I'll press it, but when I go to look at my favorites it's not there. Also wish that it was over all easier to understand: can I make playlists? Or even view my favorites on the app? (I do it online)
Loved it. Now upset
I discovered this app when I needed music for a few book trailers. I loved it because I discovered new music and I researched the artist for myself also. Now, with the new updates, it won’t even open. I hope the developer updates their app so more artists can be discovered.
- 1.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © WFMU
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.