Follow.trail is a minimalist puzzle game, where the goal is to follow the trail of dots without leaving anything behind.
----- WHAT ARE THE REVIEWS?
"An impressive, minimalist logic game that will twist your mind into a pretzel."
- Kate Gray @MacLife Magazine (4.5 / 5)
"The simple and clever design and high level of challenge will provide many hours of entertaining in both bite-size chunks or longer play sessions."
- Nick Vigdahl @TouchArcade (4.5 / 5)
"If you’re fan of relaxed but challenging puzzle games, this is one you really shouldn’t miss."
----- WHAT DOES IT FEATURE?
- Countless procedurally generated levels with a shared seed, so that all players are solving the same puzzles.
- Simple mechanics that combined result in challenging but rewarding puzzles.
- No hints or skipping levels. Sorry. You have to beat them all. Don't say I didn't warn you.
- Something for you to discover and something for you to reach.
- Minimalistic graphics emphasizing the goal of the game.
- No menus, options or other unnecessary features for maximum focus.
- Simple swipe controls with slow swipe to preview the next move.
- iCloud support with Game Save synchronization.
- Game Center support with Achievements and Highest Level Leaderboard.
- Haptic Feedback support.
- Always ready to play with no loading screens.
- Super light for those concerned about storage.
- No Ads or In App Purchases! Pay once and play.
- Designed and implemented by one independent developer who loves games and hopes to deliver more of them in the future.
----- WHO AM I?
Games were always my escape from the sad reality. But playing games wasn’t enough for me and I wanted something more. I wanted to make games.
With that in mind, I started my career as a software developer in 2007 and after 2 years of saving I bought my MacBook Pro and iPhone 3GS with a plan to make games in my free time. In 2010 I moved from Poland to Canada to start a new life with my wife, but my dream about making games hasn’t changed. Now, many iPhones later, after many projects and hours spent, my first game that I developed on the same old MacBook, is finally out.
My initial goal was to make something simple and quick. That wasn’t me. It took me over a year but it became my most personal game with a meaning behind every single detail. Now when I see other people playing the game and their reactions when solving the puzzles they struggled with, I know it was worth it.
Who knows, maybe my game will inspire someone somewhere out there to became a developer as well. That’s why it’s worth doing!
follow.trail do not collect, store or share any of your data. It never has and it never will. Period.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
1.9 Update Notes
- New Dark Mode - Now all of the thousands of available levels can be played with a dramatic new look that helps you focus on the puzzles. Turn it on in the Level Selection pane to enjoy a beautiful appearance that is also easy on your eyes.
1.5 - 1.8 Update Notes
- Game Center Achievements - 13 new achievements for you to unlock, including some special challenges dedicated to the most devoted players. Gotta Get 'Em All!
- Haptic Feedback - a new feedback that provides you a better understanding of the game and its rules. Simply play to feel the difference.
- New devices support - just making sure that game works and looks great on the iOS 12 and the new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max.
- ??? - something for you to Collaborate, Combine, Decode, Order and Read...
THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea + Execution
A wonderful little gem. There are hundreds of puzzles, and there isn't a fixed solution for any of them. The "gimmick" behind this game is great; you almost build the puzzle as you play. Would have definitely been featured if the designer had been able to afford some music and an iPad mode. If you're a puzzle fan this game is a must.
Still needs some work
I had progressed 25 levels and exited the app. Sadly, when I restarted, all progress had been lost. Using an iPhone 6S with iOS 10.3.3
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear about your issue. The progress will be lost when app is deleted from the device and iCloud is not enabled but I'm not sure if that is the case here. If progress was synced you can try tapping on level indicator at the bottom of the screen to access level selection. Levels that were already beaten should be unlocked there.
Aslo you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll try to help you there.
Once again sorry and thank you for playing.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.