Football Drama is a narrative and managerial game on football.
You are Rocco Galliano, the Marseillaise new manager of Calchester Assembled Football Club.
After the abrupt ending of your coaching career seven years ago, the hysterical attention of the press quickly faded. But struggling results by Calchester FC convinced Boris Aluminovitch, its billionaire president, to axe the previous beleaguered manager and give you a new chance.
Will your raucous shouts from the bench change the fate of the team? Will you find wiseness and karma leadership with the help of the Book of Changes? Will your shady past reach back to you and make you crumble?
Chances that you can make it through a full season are slim. Corruption, crime, drugs and romance are all paths that you may take - for better or worse.
This is the only football game where you may lose the championship and win the game!
- Interactive narrative with meaningful game-changing choices
- Karma or chaos: life choices, game choices
- Turn-based match play with live-action animations
- 18 dramatic weeks of procedural championship where you can be fired at any time
- Deck-building mechanics determined by life choices and game results
- Ridiculous cards about the craziest aspects of today's football
- Illustrated log of each of your matches
- Silly main commentator with his obligatory colourful sidekick
- Replayable - every championship is unique, several different endings
- Stunning illustrated cards and characters
This update is "major" because we improved several aspects of the game also in consequence of the feedback received.
*WILL NOT WORK ON iPad Mini 2, and iPad Mini 3, iPad Air 1, iPhone 5S.*
Now if you play Football Drama on a high-resolution tablet, you can play it in landscape mode, getting the additional features available on HD layouts.
The other main updates are:
- After every training and for each successful card played, you get detailed feedback about your team's state compared with your current opponent. This is something several players requested. This reveals a lot of background, so we tried to make it so that it does not "break the magic" of how matches go.
- We introduced more variations in the narrative (e.g. press meetings), with more integration between matches and Rocco's life, and removed some end of match loops ("handshakegate") after the first championship weeks.
- Action replays improved.
- Improved the AI on some match actions.
- Minor font size issues in non-English versions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Could have been so much more
New release, I get it. But for $5 the game seems very unfinished. Managing a team, I thought, meant managing people, players trainers, hot dog sales and so on. Instead your players are reduced to dots. You don’t control tactics, instead you’re given cards that work seemingly at random.
I was really roooting for this game as I think other football management sims take themselves too seriously. I love the style and feel, I just think there could and should be way more substance without sacrificing any of the feel. Maybe it will get improvements but now the game is more of a depression sim than anything else.
9 matches in
I could go into all the reasons why I regret buying this, but I’ll spare myself the time and just use the most foundational reason: the commentary never changes. If you miss a shot, the sentences said by the commentators are the exact same every time. If you lose the ball, are driven backwards, make a foul, kick a corner, etc., the commentators say the exact same line for each scenario. Given that this game doesn’t have a whole lot going for it action-wise and is mostly a barebones strategy game that lies almost entirely on a simple fatigue meter and coin-toss mechanic about whether you will win versus your opponent in any particular scenario, this is just a bore overall. Wish I’d spent my $5 on something better, like a sandwich or a pound of apples. 2 stars because the game runs smoothly, it references the I Ching, and the color scheme and design are catchy. The rest of it is trash. I’m going to try and finish my season and then delete it.
Different kind of game
Unusual take on Football (Soccer) games. Worth a try, especially for just a few bucks/quid/euro. Instead of directly controlling players, you guide them generally, as a coach, holistically one might say. I found it humorous, interesting & entertaining. And the games can be exciting...you wouldn’t think mere dots on a playing field would be, but they are! Also, a recent update (November 2019) has addressed some of the issues mentioned in other reviews. FYI, the game is also available on Steam for PCs.
- Open Lab Srl
- 195 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Open Lab S.R.L. Florence Italy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.