FoundSounds is a unique new mobile app blurring the line between a social network and a collaborative art project. The premise is simple: if you find a sound you like, record it and share it with the world. Recordings are geotagged, and you can browse them by scrolling through a timeline or exploring a map. You can also construct sound collages that create intriguing sonic geographies. If enough sounds have been recorded in your area, consider taking a sound walk, which allows you to listen to recordings made near you. Walking past a concert venue would allow you to hear previous performances from that location, while passing by a new building would trigger the sounds of its construction. The vision of FoundSounds is to create a space where people can listen to sounds they might not normally hear.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Bug fix with for Sound Walks
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice work guys! Geo-tagging sounds is a cool way to listen to a town's history; listen to what's right in front of us, or listen to what WAS.
- david jensenius
- 26.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Somali, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © David Jensenius
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.