Approximation of integrals, made easy.
Considered one of the TOP 50 IPAD APPS at http://www.top10onlineuniversities.org/top-50-ipad-apps-for-e-learners.html
FxIntegrator is a mathematical tool that evaluates the area under a function curve for a given interval. It's extremely handy for math students or engineers who need to calculate integrals using an iPad or iPhone.
Unlike other calculators, its elegant function editor makes it possible to write expressions in natural mathematical notation. It's a dream come true.
* Natural expression editor: write your functions just like they appear in math textbooks.
* Finite or infinite boundaries: compute improper integrals just as easily as proper integrals.
* Adaptive approximation: get results faster for most functions while maintaining accuracy for difficult functions.
* Built-in functions supported: acos, acosh, asin, asinh, atan, atanh, cos, cosh, ln, log, sin, sinh, tan, tanh, square root, absolute value.
fxIntegrator was officially recommended by Utrecht University: http://www.uu.nl/university/library/NL/informatie/tablets/Pages/default.aspx
fxIntegrator was considered an excellent teaching tool by the University of British Columbia: http://wiki.ubc.ca/Course%3aETEC522/sept2011/Ipads
- Cursor keys now have auto-repeat when pressed, making it easier to edit formulas.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Definite Integrals only….
I had hoped that this would have a CAS component, so that if I told it to integrate cosxdx it would reply sin x + C, but it will not do indefinite integrals. Hopefully the authors will include a CAS in later upgrades.
A great start!
This calculus app is a great beginning. Very straightforward and uncluttered. I think many student will benefit from this calculator. It would be an educational improvement if Chrisoft would also show the solution's steps. Or... Have a way for the solvers to work thru the solution themselves.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.