Gallery Grabber QED is for downloading photos and image files from web based picture galleries to your hard-drive.
> To find out in more detail which websites Gallery Grabber QED 2 works with and which ones it doesn’t please visit the developer’s website.
Drag a gallery page link from your browser to Gallery Grabber’s main interface to download gallery images. There is a built in app extension for Safari for even easier, one-click grabbing.
Gallery Grabber QED was designed to download from the majority of galleries with little or no user intervention. It can automatically determine the type of web gallery that has been dropped, extracting only the gallery images themselves - leaving banners, thumbnails and page design behind.
Gallery Grabber understands three fundamental types of web gallery:
• Gallery Page - a single webpage with large gallery images embedded within the page.
• Thumbnail Picture Gallery - a single webpage with small to medium thumbnail images which lead to larger gallery images.
• Thumbnail Page Gallery - a webpage with small to medium thumbnail images which lead to other webpages with embedded gallery images.
In addition to this, Gallery Grabber QED 2 has special built in knowledge for a number of specific websites featuring galleries.
Gallery Grabber QED 2 does not support frame pages, some password protected sites and sites that prevent image downloading with Flash and other methods. If most of your downloads are from galleries such as these, you might want to consider using an alternative application such as a spider or a bot. Although these may not be as easy or straight forward to use, they should give you the extra features you require to get at these more stubborn galleries.
See the developer’s website for more information on which websites are covered and which ones are not.
Gallery Grabber QED 2 is finally here! Completely re-written from the ground-up using modern technologies.
* New, modern interface redesigned for macOS Sierra and above with support for Dark Mode on Mojave.
* Re-written in Swift 4.2 using modern technologies and frameworks.
* Optimized for 64 bit compatibility for current and future Macs.
* Sandbox compliant.
* Added special support for DeviantArt, Flickr, imgur and PBase and other galleries.
* Built in Safari App Extension for one-click downloading.
* Advanced automation - no longer requires the user to select gallery “type” for problem galleries.
* Toolbar button for quick access to downloaded images.
* Toolbar button to allow the main window to be pinned above other windows for easier drag and drop.
* Integrated link editor for advanced users.
* Up to 4 x faster than version 1.
Ratings and Reviews
The new version doesn't work
The original version worked like a charm. The latest version pulls images from everywhere but the page you want.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry you are having problems using Gallery Grabber QED 2.
For a long while now the original version could no longer be updated due to changes in macOS. And with the arrival of macOS Catalina the old version would have stopped working altogether. This meant that the new version had to be completely re-written from the ground up so that the app would continue working.
Now that Gallery Grabber QED can be updated I hope to be able to make it work even more effectively than before. Feedback from users will greatly assist with this.
If you can get in touch with more details about the issue you are seeing, I can investigate further. If possible it would be useful to have a link to the page or pages where you are seeing this problem.
You can email me at email@example.com.
This is the worst app. It doesn't work. I wish it were as easy as drag and drop. I dragged, dropped, located where they would be on my harddrive and NOTHING was in the folder. Seriously, don't waste your money
Works great, but could use a queue
This app does exactly what I want. I can drag a gallery thumbnail to it and it downloads all the pics, no questions asked. Very slick. However, it would be really cool if I could queue up gallerys. Right now I have to wait for one to finish before dragging over another one. Also, it would be super handy of it could have at least one more level of recursion, so I could (for instance) download all the gallerys on a page without having to drag and drop each one.
But anyway, its really simple and gets the job done, which is nice.
- David Kennedy
- 4.8 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2005-2019 David Kennedy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.