GeneticsLab is an excellent utility for those learning Biology, Genetics or any related studies. Automate the most common operations involving genetic code such as DNA to RNA conversion, DNA transcription and translation. You won't need to do them manually anymore. And yes, because learning visually is better, you can now experiment with a stunning 3D model of your sequence. These are some of the things it can do:
- Check and format DNA and RNA sequences.
- Generate complementary strings from DNA or RNA strings.
- Generate the amino acids derived from your sequence using the genetic code of your choice.
- Build a wonderful tridimensional representation of your DNA helix (up to 400 base pairs) and dive into it to explore every detail.
- Analyze the proportion of each nitrogenous base in a sequence and generate a report with the results.
- Detect and fix common errors such as invalid characters as you type.
- Share and print the sequences you've been working with!
GeneticsLab also offers you an amino acid and nucleotide library, which you can use as a reference while you are learning.
Say hi to 3D! Now you can experiment with a stunning 3D model of your DNA or RNA sequence. Give it a try!
Other improvements include:
- Redesigned toolbar with new icons and live information on detected issues.
- Improved support for your text size settings and VoiceOver.
- Redesigned the help and support portal.
- Translated to Japanese
- A few bug fixes in the sequence editor (copy and paste, issue coloring…). Thank you very much for your help!
- Guillermo Servera Negre
- 7.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019 Guillem Servera Negre
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.