Geo Synthesizer is a musical instrument and MIDI controller. Originally a collaboration of Wizdom Music's Jordan Rudess and Kevin Chartier (MorphWiz, SampleWiz) and Rob Fielding (Mugician), Geo Synthesizer is an incredibly expressive musical instrument specifically created for a multitouch surface. Jordan is now working with Roli-Labs, creators of the amazing Seaboard instrument on an exciting future for Geo Synthesizer and it's users!
A comprehensive Geo Synthesizer manual is available at: http://www.wizdommusic.com/GeoSynth/manual.html
Jordan says: "Since touching a preliminary piano keyboard on an iPhone screen and realizing the amazing potential for musical expression on a multitouch device, I have been inspired to create next-generation musical instruments for iOS. Geo Synthesizer is a dream come true in many ways. It is the fastest truly playable iOS instrument that I have put my hands on to date. I can fly through the range of an instrument while expanding on the kind of advanced pitch control we introduced in MorphWiz. As someone who grew up with synthesizers, I can tell you that pitch bending has never been this good!
"Geo features many of my custom sounds and in addition, Geo is also a MIDI controller, so you can use it with any external midi instrument or virtual MIDI. Virtual MIDI allows you to control an app running in the background on the same device! Geo Synthesizer also now features AudioBus, a technology that allows one to interconnect audio apps in exciting new ways! A great feature of Geo is that internally and externally we send independent voices on each note played, so as an example, you can pitch bend one note and not the other, or add unique expression on every note! I can't wait to see the YouTube videos of all of you guys rocking out with Geo Synthesizer!!!"
- ability to load waveforms from SampleWiz presets
- octave rounding for effortless soloing over large ranges
- whammy slider with absolute and relative modes
- 12ET, 24ET, 53ET, and 665ET temperament options
- mono, string, and full-polyphony modes
- tuning and transposition controls
- snap speed control to affect how quickly the instrument pulls notes in tune
- playing surface options for number of rows and columns on screen
- octave and fifth harmonics synthesis options to rich, organ-like sounds
- gain control to add distortion to the sound
- FM and touch FM controls for timbal variation
- mono out for use with guitar amps
- sine, sawtooth, square, and custom (SampleWiz) wave options
- attack and release controls
- synthesis body control
- lowpass filter with resonance
- stereo delay
- MIDI output with polyphonic note bending and multiple configuration options to allow compatibility with a wide range of hardware and software synthesizers
- performance menu lets you make your own custom menu so all the controls you need are always right at your fingertips
- 40 presets carefully selected by Jordan Rudess, including patches from Jordan's personal sound library
- audio fixes for devices with 48kHz native sampling rate
- AudioBus updates for iOS 9
- reworked menu and playing surface text
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Clicking issue on iPhone6.
Software will run on iPhone 6+, but it makes a clicking sound when you play any of the notes. It's annoying, but can be corrected when you wear headphones, as the clicking stops. Neat little toy.
Simply the Best 🎹 app for live performance! Please fix the iPhone 6+ clicking sound
Amazing app / controller that works as a separate instrument not only on iPad, but on iPhone as well! The controller every keyboardist dreams of. Must-have iOS musician app.
🐞 Please fix the iPhone 6+ clicking sound.
Such a waste of money!
I’m a keyboardist and I’m not happy with this app at all. While the Geoshred is the holy grail of the guitar emulation, I was expecting to have the same feedback on synthesizers on this app. I was wrong.
Such a ugly interface and nothing intuitive, this app is such a waste of my money, and I want it back! It’s not fair paying $10 on something I would literally throw in the trash can! Why I cannot have my refund on this??
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.