The most advanced geographic encyclopedia and quiz on the App Store.
Did you know…
…Bhutan is a country in Southeastern Asia?
…Romania has the same flag as Chad?
…the highest peak of Africa is Kilimanjaro in Tanzania?
…India is 7th largest country of the world?
…Buenos Aires is the capital of Argentina?
…Singapore is an island country?
This app is an ideal companion for people who want to learn more about geography. It includes more than 50 thousand facts about more than 250 countries and territories of the world. In addition to browsing the data, you can play 9 types of quiz games about flags, capitals or location of countries.
• More than 250 countries and territories, grouped into 6 continents.
• Each country or territory has:
– Official name, flag, capital, ISO codes, and political status.
– Location on continent with a mini map.
– Area, highest peak, population, GDP, trade balance, and unemployment rate.
– Official languages and currency, major religions, and urbanization.
– Neighbouring countries, nearby countries, and administered territories.
– Time zones, telephone subscriptions, and internet users.
• Search by names, capitals, highest peaks, and ISO codes.
• Sort and compare all countries by area, population or GDP, with colored map diagrams.
• Play flag quiz for any continent and try demo of all other quizzes.
• Fully accessible using VoiceOver, including many of the quizzes.
• Purchase detailed data to learn about population growth, lowest points, largest cities, GDP per capita and growth, and many other attributes.
• Purchase all statistics to be able to sort and compare all countries by length of borders or coastline, elevation of highest or lowest point, population density or growth, and many other attributes.
• Purchase all quizzes to learn flags, capitals, locations, or sizes of all countries. Try blind map quiz or play with all question mixed together. You can win 100% discount for this in-app purchase and have it for FREE.
• Download the app to see details about content, pricing, and discounts.
If you need an app compatible with Volume Purchase Program, check out “Geography EDU” app with the SAME content.
Main sources of the data are The World Factbook 2018 and Social Progress Index 2018.
Updated the name of Macedonia and the capital of Burundi.
On 12 February 2019, Republic of Macedonia changed name to Republic of North Macedonia to resolve a long-standing dispute with Greece.
In December 2018, Burundi changed its capital from Bujumbura to Gitega.
Economy data for 2018 should be available in few weeks.
You can now support continuous development of this app. Tap the speech bubble on the main screen for more info.
Ratings and Reviews
The greatest geography app on the App Store
Whether you need a comprehensive resource with statistics and global rankings for every country imaginable or are simply a fan of geography, this is the app for you! The layout is very aesthetically pleasing and it is interesting to read about certain island nations you've never heard of before.
The app icon is customisable, which is a nice touch. The Quizzes and Games are also fun to play for quizzing your friends on geography and working together to get every star. I do hope more Quizzes and Games be added! As well as new features! (Could we have Geography of the Moon or Mars? Please consider!)
- From a happy user
The quiz feature of this game is excellent
It’s like someone specifically designed an app for me. I spend every night reading about different countries so this is perfect.
Thank you fellow geography nerds who made this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! It’s nice to know there’s someone who enjoys my app this much! If you have any suggestions or questions, send me email from within the app.
Love the app but i have one gripe with it, and it has to do with Israel’s capital. In the app, it says the capital of Israel is Tel Aviv when it is officially Jerusalem. Israel’s capital was only temporarily Tel Aviv and was changed to Jerusalem in 1949, so I don’t really understand how this mistake could be made. I don’t feel as though politics should affect whether or not Jerusalem is the capital in the app, if Israel’s legal capital is Jerusalem then it should be Jerusalem in the app
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your interest in Geography. The app shows both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem as capitals, even if almost no countries recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. This is because there is an ongoing dispute between Israel and Palestina over control of Jerusalem. In cases of dispute, I tried to follow international recognition and not unilateral claims.
- Martin Kiss
- 40.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Slovak, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010–2019 Martin Kiss
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Quizzes $3.99
- Unlock All Data $1.99
- Unlock All Statistics $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.