For 10 years the most advanced geographic encyclopedia and quiz on the App Store.
Did you know…
…Bhutan is a country in Southeastern Asia?
…Romania has the same flag as Chad?
…the highest peak of Africa is Kilimanjaro in Tanzania?
…India is 7th largest country of the world?
…Buenos Aires is the capital of Argentina?
…Singapore is an island country?
This app is an ideal companion for people who want to learn more about geography. It includes more than 50 thousand facts about more than 250 countries and territories of the world. In addition to browsing the data, you can play 9 types of quiz games about flags, capitals or location of countries.
• More than 250 countries and territories, grouped into 6 continents.
• Each country or territory has:
– Official name, flag, capital, ISO codes, and political status.
– Location on continent with a mini map.
– Area, highest peak, population, GDP, trade balance, and unemployment rate.
– Official languages and currency, major religions, and urbanization.
– Neighbouring countries, nearby countries, and administered territories.
– Time zones, telephone subscriptions, and internet users.
• Search by names, capitals, highest peaks, and ISO codes.
• Sort and compare all countries by area, population or GDP, with colored map diagrams.
• Play flag quiz for any continent and try demo of all other quizzes.
• Fully accessible using VoiceOver, including many of the quizzes.
Download the app to see details about content, pricing, and discounts.
(1) Purchase detailed data to learn about population growth, lowest points, largest cities, GDP per capita and growth, and many other attributes.
(2) Purchase all statistics to be able to sort and compare all countries by length of borders or coastline, elevation of highest or lowest point, population density or growth, and many other attributes. You can then export these data to CSV tables and work with them.
(3) Purchase all quizzes to learn flags, capitals, locations, or sizes of all countries. Try blind map quiz or play with all question mixed together. You can win 100% discount for this in-app purchase and have it for FREE.
If you need an app compatible with Volume Purchase Program, check out “Geography EDU” app with the SAME content.
Main sources of the data are the United Nations, International Monetary Fund, World Bank, and Social Progress Index.
An update to the flag of France, which reverted to using darker shades of blue and red.
I also fixed some data, for example the area of Scotland and the currency in Honduras.
Ratings and Reviews
This is The World Factbook in the format of an app which is worth the price. All the facts you want at a click or two plus the quizzes. This is the best geography app for anyone who is interested in geography at all. Great job by the developers. Keep up the good work
Really good but needs some improvements
I personally use this a lot and it is always useful in my life but I do have suggestions
First of all get the populations from worldometers online cause population and their frequencies are off by a bit. I suggest this cause Worldometers is the most accurate population data resource rather than going off other population charts that are from 2018,2017 or even 2019.
Garbage Woke Propaganda
I downloaded the app because I work in Africa and I was trying to find a helpful tool to look up country info. The country I mainly work in is Togo. Looked up the country info and saw Togo has 2% unemployment…. Whaaaaa?!?! More like 50% unemployment!
Then I explored the app further…
To my disappointment… it’s such an obvious leftist woke agenda being pushed in this app. Paints America and Israel as super intolerant (while no info available for Palestine… conveniently). Ranks the USA as 80th for tolerance for minorities…. Anyone notice 2 billion dollars worth of damage in 2020 from BLM protests that were cheered on by the media? But guess who is more tolerant to minorities (per this apps evaluation)? North Korea!!!
Referring to this app will just make you more stupid. Delete it and write a review to expose the false leftist propaganda. Their states are based on nothing and are simply wrong. The unemployment of Togo being 2% (for example)
Developer Response ,
I’m sorry that you are feeling offended, but I have no idea what you are talking about. I’m not from USA, but yeah, big part of the of the rest of the developed world is more “left” than you are. Anyway, the app provides links to the relevant sources of data, so you are free to dig deeper, if you are really interested. I can’t tell about Togo’s unemployment specifically, but you are free to ask the International Monetary Fund about their methodology of the data. The truth is, many under-developed countries do not report exact figures, so the overall stats may not reflect the reality.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Martin Kiss
- 17.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, French, German, Slovak, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010–2021 Martin Kiss
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Quizzes $2.99
- Unlock All Data $0.99
- Unlock All Statistics $1.99
- Unlock All Quizzes for Free $0.00
- Tip $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.