This application is a SIMPLE tool that lets teachers and students work on CLEAN and INTERACTIVE geometric sketches. No more compass, ruler and unreadable drawings.
It is LIGHTWEIGHT and EASY to get one's hands around. You will be able to draw geometric sketches in no time.
You can move points around and the whole sketch is rebuilt instantaneously.
WHAT IT DOES:
It helps you draw an elementary geometric sketch defined "like at school".
Example: "Add a line d that is tangent to a circle at point A, define the intersection of a circle and of the line that is perpendicular to that one, ..."
It doesn't solve the problem for you ! But because you have a clear drawing, assert assumptions (is this angle always 90° ? are these 2 distances equal ? ...) after moving points around it makes your life much easier.
- very EASY to work with. Only a few menus and options, you will understand how it works in minutes.
Bug fixes, especially the toolbar that was on the way on newer Mac versions
Added a "grid" view
Ratings and Reviews
A Good Start, Needs some Work
This app lets you create, view, and work with geometric shapes on a traditional graph. It is a very good baseplate for a great app, but it does have some things it can improve on
- The app has a wide variety of options, just about anything that will be discussed in a normal secondary school geometry course
- Theres the ability to change the color of different elements, which could be exceedingly helpful in a teaching envrioment
- Sleek, simple interface is appealing to the eye
- Starts up fast and runs like a dream
- Lots of different ways to display data and figures, good for making calculations too
- Keyboard shortcuts like undo and redo work perfectly
- Ability to save/load constructs, so you don’t have to draw it for every class
- Text based interface is nice, but takes a little getting used too
- Lack of quick buttons make it a tad clunky to do some tasks, like changing colors (this gets easier the more you use it)
- No gridlines, which is a pro or con depending on who you ask. This would be a nice toggle feature
- Using the visual window to move and select objects is a bit harder than I would like
- No (current) way to specify window dimensions, which may not be important for certain tasks
Overall, its a pretty solid app. It has a very fluid and well made feel, but needs a few tweaks. With the addition of more user options and some more menu options that would make it easier to teach using this app.
For the price its decent, but with a few updates this could become a staple in the teaching envrioment. Can’t wait for furture updates that increase usability!
Too limiting. Definitely not worth the price.
You can draw lines, circles, and triangles, with certain specified conditions, such as drawing the perpendicular bisector of a line segment.
If you have patience, you can draw polygons of more than three sides (though you can’t make them regular except by eyeballing).
There is an option to display a grid.
You can’t snap to the grid.
There is no tool to draw a polygon with more than three sides.
You can’t specify the length of lines you draw, nor can you specify that lines should be of the same length.
You can’t select an entire drawing and rotate, reflect, or translate it.
You can draw a line tangent to a circle at a point on the circle, but you can’t draw a circle tangent to a line at a point on the line.
In short, had I known how limited this app was, I would not have paid even $2 for it, nevermind $15.
Nice Geometry App!
This is a cool way to draw shapes. Every Geometry student should check this out!
- 2.5 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- BleezWorld © 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.