Throw away negative thoughts. Approach positive ones. Learn to identify self talk and respond quickly. Train daily and improve. This is the core experience of GG Apps.
GG RO: Relationship doubt and obsession is the first of a series of apps we're launching on a new and exciting platform named GG Apps.
- 15 free levels to learn, understand and improve.
- 1 free daily training level.
- In total, 45 levels including topics such as doubt, uncertainty, regret and other relationship related statements.
The app has two main types of audiences:
1. People who suffer from relationship obsession (ROCD) and would like to improve their condition by training daily.
2. People who are in relationships, want to be in a relationship, would like to improve their understanding of relationship related fears, doubts and obsession.
Group 1 will benefit from using the app as a therapy assisting tool. It can provide users with more information about their condition, as well as better understanding of how other people who suffer from similar doubts think and feel. Daily training can benefit by enhancing people's ability to identify and respond to self-talk.
Group 2 can use the app to better understand the various types of relationship related self-talk we all experience daily. By discovery and training, we can all be better at how we analyse and respond to conflicts, situations and thoughts.
IN-APP PURCHASE INFORMATION
The app includes 15 free levels for training on some of the basic topics. The rest of the levels (over 30) can be accessed with a purchase. There are 2 purchase options:
1. AUTO RENEWABLE SUBSCRIPTION
For US$4.99 a month, you can train as long as you find the app useful.
2. PERMANENT SUBSCRIPTION
Pay once to unlock all content forever (including upcoming expansions and additional levels).
- New content will be added on a monthly basis, including levels covering seasonal and new topics (for example, Valentine Day special)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Cancellation takes effect starting from the next period.
According to Associate Professor Guy Doron and his colleague Gur Ilany, the application developed (named ‘GG Relationship’) was especially designed for dealing with relationship doubts and fears. The application is based on the principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) - one of the most research-supported psychological therapies.
According to CBT models, negative self-talk – individuals’ ongoing interpretations of the self, others and the world – maintain psychological difficulties such as obsessive preoccupation, low mood, and maladaptive behaviors. In ROCD, for instance, individuals negative self-talk often relates to fear of being in the wrong relationships or/and missing the ‘right’ relationship. Such negative self-talk, of course, ultimately increases relationship doubts/fears, intensifies negative mood and often provokes relationship conflict.
Training using this application will hopefully allow for gradual, steady learning of more positive self-talk thereby helping to break the vicious thought cycle maintaining relationship doubts and preoccupations.
- 'Fetching data' big fix
- Assessment quiz support
Ratings and Reviews
Disagree with the first reviewer
I am a clinical psychologist and haven’t yet tried out this app but am very impressed by Dr. Doron’s pioneering work and felt it was important to voice disagreement with the first reviewer. While there are certainly many treatment models, labeling OCD thoughts (whether that’s labeling, for example, as as an obsessive thought [CBT]an emotion mind thought [DBT] or just a thought [either]), such labeling is very often considered a necessary step for ERP, particularly with obsession-dominant presentations of OCD. Again, I can’t speak yet to the app, but this point feels important.
It gives me some hope
This isn’t a magical cure by any means. But the app is simple to use, to the point, and efficient in the moment. If you’re having a bit of nagging worry, hopping on reminds you that these worries are normal and that you don’t need to have it all figured out, and that everything is ultimately in your power. You choose who you want to be with, and learn in between those doubtful moments of “I don’t know.” It’s okay not to know right now. It also recommends only three short levels a day. It’s easy but doesn’t overload you with forcing you to think about it. Thank you.
This focuses on changing your internal narrative which is what I am seeking, as well as the catalyst for change. Very cool app. Shared with family.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ggtude Ltd
- 32.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © GG Apps Platform 2018
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month subscription $4.99
- Unlock all levels permanently $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.