Thinking about a new diet? Don't like your body? Want to lose weight? Wishing you could love your body more that you currently do?
With GGBI you can start improving your positive body image and body acceptance today.
THE GG APPROACH
Instead of asking "can I lose 20 pounds" or "how do I lose weight", GG Apps take a different approach: if we improve body image and accept our body, we can then start improving many other aspects of our wellbeing such as mood, and relieve depression, anxiety, and obsessions related to our perceived body image.
HOW IT WORKS
Throw away negative thoughts. Approach positive ones. Learn to identify your thoughts and respond quickly. Train daily and improve. The app focuses on positive body, body acceptance, distress, preoccupations with one’s appearance or perceived flaws.
- 15 free levels to learn and improve.
- 1 free daily training level.
- In total, 48 levels including topics such as body-focused self-esteem, importance of appearance, shame, fear of being judged, the need to look perfect and more.
IS IT FOR ME?
The app was designed for wide range of people. The following sample statements represent some of the thinking we are targeting:
- I am obsessed with my body
- I have issues with how I look
- I need to lose weight
- I look weird
- I can't have a relationship until I lose weight
- I suffer because of my looks
- I hate my body
- I hate looking in the mirror
- I have low body confidence
- I don't like a particular part of my body
- I wish I could accept my body
These thoughts represents various body-related beliefs. In GGBI, we target these beliefs, make them more flexible and introduce ways to allow for positive thinking to take over.
RESEARCH AND THEORY BEHIND
According to CBT models, negative thoughts – individuals’ ongoing interpretations of the self, others and the world - maintain psychological difficulties such as obsessive preoccupation, low mood, and maladaptive behaviours.
GGBI was developed in order to provide an accessible CBT training platform that would allow individuals with body related distress and preoccupation to better deal with negative self-talk. The application is designed to:
1. increase individuals’ awareness of negative self-talk.
2. train individuals’ to better identify and challenge negative self-talk.
3. increase individuals’ access to neutral and positive self-talk.
4. increase the automaticity of the above processes.
Training using this application, will allow for gradual, steady learning of more positive thinking, thereby helping to break the vicious thought cycle maintaining appearance related preoccupation.
OTHER APPS by GG
GGOC: OCD Daily Training App
GGSE: Confidence & Self-Esteem
GGRO: Relationship Doubt & Obsessions (ROCD)
IN-APP PURCHASE INFORMATION
The app includes 15 free levels for training on some of the basic topics. The rest of the levels (over 30) can be accessed with a purchase. There are 2 purchase options:
1. AUTO RENEWABLE SUBSCRIPTION
For $4.99 a month, you can train as long as you find the app useful.
2. PERMANENT SUBSCRIPTION
Pay once to unlock all content forever (including upcoming expansions and additional levels).
- New content will be added on a monthly basis, including levels covering seasonal and new topics
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Cancellation takes effect starting from the next period.
- Improved self assessment questionnaires
- Fixed bugs and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wow. This seems simple at first but it is amazingly affective. I love love love it!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ggtude Ltd
- 33.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © GGTUDE 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Full Subscription $4.99
- Unlock all levels $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.