Gifox is a beautifully designed and masterfully crafted app that records your screen into animated GIFs – the great alternative between static images and full-size videos. It's your best companion for:
- Micro-screencasts and product demos
- Animated instructions and bug reporting
- Selective on-screen video capturing
Gifox introduces a completely new way of continuous screen capturing with window selection mode – you select a window and Gifox precisely records it even when it's moved or covered up by other windows. Free selection mode is also there for you – fast-select any area on the screen and hit record, like you used with the standard grab app / Cmd+Shift+4 command.
- Pixel-sharp selection with accurate margins
- Only selected window without any overlaps
- With or without window shadow
- With or without desktop background
- Lockable aspect for fast selection restore
A set of capturing options accessible via preferences window let you explicitly control the recording and output.
- Record fps
- Playback fps
- Repeat count and pause
- Mouse cursor
- Mouse and keyboard interactions
- Window shadow
- Desktop background
Advanced compression options provide complete control over the output quality and file size.
- Palette generation
Built-in editor provides the essential tools for fine-tuning your captured graphics and re-exporting them with different compression settings.
Open up Gifox in any selection mode using preconfigured global shortcuts or customize them in preferences.
- Cmd+Shift+6 initiates free selection mode recording
- Cmd+Shift+7 initiates window mode recording
- Space/Cmd+Esc starts and stops current recording
- Cmd+A/D selects full screen and clears the selection
- Arrows+Cmd/Shift resizes and moves the selection
Easily share your recordings with built-in Dropbox, Google Drive and Imgur integrations. GIFs can be copied or drag-and-dropped directly into other apps straight from the status bar! Support for more great services is underway, but we want to know what integrations would be most useful for you – let us know using the in-app feedback form or contacts on our website.
Here comes the long awaited full-screen mode recording support along with lesser improvements and fixes. As always, you can stay up-to-date with the latest development progress at @gifoxapp on Twitter.
- Support for recording in full-screen mode! Yey!
- Failed recordings are no longer auto-deleted when dismissing errors in library.
- Selection frame and cursors should no longer be captured at recording start.
- Better export error diagnostics and handling.
- Disabled shortcuts would bind to letter A on app relaunch.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Issue with "Stop Recording"
Sometimes pressing 'stop recording' (cmd esc), ends it prematurely and the result gets chopped at the end. Otherwise it works as expected.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for reporting, will look into this!
P.S. This was revised in version 2.1.1 & 2.1.2, so the end of recording shouldn't be getting lost any more. Please give it another go and drop us a line if there are any other issues? ✌️
Works Okay Mostly
Great interfrace! However, processing GIFs often hangs and doesn't complete, or takes a very long time. I tried to reduce the file size of a GIF after it was processed by reducing the frame rate and it got stuck doing that as well.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the report! Can I kindly ask to submit a message using in-app form and include the logs? This is definitely not how it should be and would be great if we could look into this.
- Interactive Works LTD
- 20.8 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Copyright © InteractiveWorks. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Gifox 2 Pro $14.99
- Gifox 2 Pro Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.