Gimi is a pocket money app and chores manager.
The free app was created for busy families to help children and teenagers manage pocket money, grow their savings and learn how to master their personal finances, in one safe, fun place.
The mobile pocket money manager teaches kids financial education that will benefit them through life because practice makes perfect and smart money management achieves dreams!
Using Gimi, parents can set a recurring allowance along with chores for their children to complete and keep track of how they are doing. Kids can suggest tasks to top-up their weekly allowance money, send picture proof when they’ve finished them and save money towards their dreams.
Key features for parents:
- Set your children up with a recurring weekly or monthly pocket money with the allowance tracker
- Introduce them to interest rates and show them how they can impact their savings with the savings tool for kids
- Schedule household chores, monitor their completion and reward hard work using the chores manager
- Keep track of everything in one place. Schedule pocket money payments and see how much they have earned, spent and saved in real-time
Key features for kids:
- Receive a regular allowance from your parents
- Earn additional pocket money through completing jobs around the house and good behavior
- See how much you have earned in pocket money for this week or month
- Save up for your dream buys and see how close you are to achieving them
- Connect with other family members for an additional boost to your savings
Earn, save, and spend money with Gimi, for 18 years old and below.
Stability and bug fixes. This update will make Gimi run even more efficient
Ratings and Reviews
Only four stars because you can only by the card in Sweden
Needs 1 simple fix to be 5 stars
Great app for tracking money earned for chores, interest accrual, and kids’ responsibilities. However weekly chores that I spend 10 minutes creating are deleted after payday. I can’t waste spending 20 minutes each week to create chores over and over for two kids. PLEASE KEEP RECURRING CHORES IN THE CHILD’S CHORE LIST!
Also, there needs to be a batch approval option. Approving each chore one by one isn’t efficient. When each chore is approved the app gives me. Notification that I just approved the chore - even though it is already removed from the list of chores to approve. This becomes tedious and annoying.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Recurring chores should def stay, so there has to be something wrong. Could you please write an email to us, so that we can investigate and help you? Email us at email@example.com!
Great app. Has helped me learn to save my money until I have enough to buy what I really want instead of buying something every time I have money. Had a little bit of difficulty with chores at first but eventually got them to work out. I recommend this to parents looking for a easy way to do chores without having to worry about payday and all that.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gimi AB
- 229.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Norwegian Bokmål, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Gimi® AB
- In-App Purchases
- Master, 1a barnet, månadsvis $3.99
- Master, 1a barnet, årlig $39.99
- Master, 2a barnet, månadsvis $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.