Glink 5250 for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch is an iOS-version of Gallagher & Robertson's best-selling terminal emulation program, Glink Professional Edition for Microsoft Windows.
Glink 5250 is used to access applications running on IBM iSeries systems. Glink 5250 emulates all IBM 5250 terminals and uses the TN5250 protocol for communication with the host systems.
Glink brings you a high quality and proven emulator for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices.
- IBM 5250 terminal emulation, all models and screen sizes
- TN5250 communication to host
- IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) support
- SSL/TLS support for secure communication
- Multiple concurrent host sessions
- Configurable multiline toolbar with function keys and macros
- Configurable hotspots for function keys, numbers, characters and URLs
- Macro recording for auto-login and for assignment to toolbar
- Pop-up standard keyboard with support of international characters
- Tab/shift-Tab and arrow-keys supported on external Bluetooth keyboard
- All major function keys available as keyboard shortcuts
- Press and hold Command-key on external keyboard to see list of built-in keyboard shortcuts
- Colors can be customized
- Multiple host configurations supported
- Export and import of configurations
- Supports Managed App Configuration, which allows users to configure Glink remotely through Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Optional password to access configurations
- Optional auto-connect and auto-login at startup
- Optional use of double-tap as Enter/Transmit
- Supports Double Byte Character Sets (DBCS) like Chinese, Japanese and Korean
- Configurable scroll-back buffer contains history of your host session
- Print or e-mail host print data
- Print or e-mail terminal emulation content or scroll-back buffer content
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser
- Dynamic zoom to cursor position
- Blinking attribute supported
- Blinking cursor supported
- Two finger swipe gesture to move cursor
- Tap and hold to open Mail with e-mail address on screen
- Camera supported as barcode skanner
- Linea Pro and Infinea barcode scanner/magnetic card reader supported
- Socket Mobile barcode scanners connected in iOS mode (Bluetooth Accessory Protocol)
- Other Bluetooth barcode scanners, like Opticon OPN2002, connected as external keyboard
- Auto login with username/password
- Customizable configuration templates
- FldExit added to Action after scan
- Minor corrections and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Do NOT waste your money.
I paid for this app and loved it, but it does not run on iOS9 and contacting support is a waste of time. They will not reply. An expensive mistake.
Developer Response ,
Glink 5250 supports all iOS versions up to the current version, and we love to hear from you if you find an issue or need a new feature. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org We never heard from Robford37
Great App Awesome Customer Support
This app has worked great for me. It is full of user friendly features that help me to be more productive. The roll back feature works very well to look back at things that I have already accessed, and the ability to copy and paste is fantastic. I really like that it supports macros. This makes many of my tasks easier and less time consuming.
I needed some help getting this program to work with SSL. I contacted the makers of the app, who were near completion of an SSL version, and they bent over backwards to help me. They were very professional and responsive.
I have tried other 5250 apps available for the iPad and iPhone, this one by far out preforms them, and has been much more functional.
- Gallagher & Robertson AS
- 29.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Gallagher & Robertson AS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.