Gloomhaven Helper is the officially licensed companion app for playing the Gloomhaven board game, without losing the board game feel. It tracks initiative, monsters, and players so you can focus on playing the game rather than bookkeeping. Playing the game becomes faster, as does setup and tear down.
Gloomhaven Helper eliminates the need for the following Gloomhaven components:
• monster ability card decks
• monster stat sheets and sleeves
• the monster attack modifier deck
• monster damage tokens
• monster and player condition tokens
• the element infusion board, element discs, and round tracker
• player HP/XP dials
• character boards
Besides making setup easier, Gloomhaven Helper also improves play in many new ways:
• Devices running the app can be synchronized over the network so each player can view and change the game state from their own personal device.
• Rows are sorted using the initiative order, making it clear who is next.
• Monster abilities report the numbers to use, reducing stat lookup (Range 3 instead of Range -1).
• When a monster is flying, the monster ability card shows the "flying wings" icon for movement rather than the usual "boot".
• Monsters can be marked as "summoned" so you know they should not drop a coin when they die.
• Monster stats are hidden until the monster appears.
• Tracking element infusions prevents forgeting to move the element down.
• Player current and max HP is easily visible to all players.
• Fixed scenario 34 and 46 monsters based on errata.
• Added initiative network message for 3rd party apps.
• Fixed FC boss stats.
Ratings and Reviews
So excited for this to come to iOS
Our group has been using the desktop version and a monitor to display for the group. It has been unwieldy because only one person was allowed to update the game state via the mouse. But the utility of the app has always been such a boon to gameplay. I’m not even going to go into how much this app helps with time management, setup, tear down, etc. I mean honestly if you’re playing gloomhaven without this app you’re literally wasting hours not actually playing and enjoying the game. I’m so grateful the developer decided to bring this to the apple ecosystem; I’m more than happy to pay $5 to support that decision.
Fantastic Companion App
This is a fantastic little app that makes each scenario of Gloomhaven so much simpler and faster. Gone is the tediousness of keeping track of initiative order, flipping/shuffling monster cards, and calculating monster movements and attacks. The app does it all. It syncs up wonderfully across multiple iPads, and has become a must in our games. We were worried using our iPads would make us feel more disconnected from the game, but our group finds it not only speeds the game up tremendously but also makes it more enjoyable!
Helps move games along more quickly and completely replaces boxes of status and wound tokens.
Glad to see that multi-device and even cross platform syncing is a breeze on the local WiFi so that everyone can put data in on their own phone or pass around or AirPlay one device on a big screen, very flexible.
Especially good with the pencil on an iPad, and I can even give my phone to a guest player so they don’t need to buy when just trying a game or two. Well worth the price, thanks!
- Mario Zechner
- 111.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Mario Zechner
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.