The official Google I/O 2019 conference app is your co-pilot to navigate the conference, whether you're attending in-person or remotely. With the app, you can:
- Explore the conference content with details on topics and speakers
- Customize your schedule by saving events, with an option to add them to your personal calendar
- Sync your custom schedule between all of your devices and the I/O website
- Guide yourself using the vector-based conference map
- Use the home page to view upcoming sessions, announcements, and key conference moments
- Search for sessions by topics and speakers
- Opt-in to receive important updates about the event, schedule, travel, after hours, session recordings and more
- Have a feature suggestion or notice a bug in the app? File issues directly on our GitHub repo and we'll address them throughout the event. Open the Support URL for more.
Exclusive for onsite attendees:
- Reserve seats for events ahead of time
- Explore I/O in Augmented Reality
- Take advantage of facilitated pre-event WiFi configuration
Location: Google I/O uses your location to help you navigate the conference venue.
Camera: Google I/O requires camera permissions to take and store photos in AR Explore mode.
- Fixed a crash when that occurred when navigating away from Explore mode with unresolved promises.
- Fixed an issue where session updates were processed on the main thread, causing the app to stutter.
- Fixed an issue where navigating away from Explore would cause the rest of the app to drop frames.
- Fixed a layout issue that prevented title cards in the Home screen from displaying correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has an awesome AR feature to get you around the event but the first time I saved all of the sessions I wanted to attend it didn’t save them. So the next time I opened the app I had to go through all the sessions again! Really annoying!
Also, I can’t reserve sessions. It just loads forever and never lets me actually reserve and the standby line is the worst.
Great in theory...
Unable to actually manage sessions across devices/platforms. Sessions starred on desktop web browser do not show up in app. Cannot manage reserved seats in app. Sessions that are reserved cannot be cancelled. Sessions I want to reserve, cannot be reserved. Please try to update quickly so can be usable while at I/O!
Developer Response ,
Reserved sessions can be cancelled by tapping into the session details and pressing the cancel button or tapping the reserved ticket in the session list. If you have the names of the sessions that aren't syncing properly or aren't reservable, please file an issue on our issue tracker with the session names and we'll investigate: https://github.com/google/iosched-ios/issues
Thanks for the feedback!
Stared not synced and no offline support
The sessions that I stared on the web are not stared on the iOS app.
It would also be great to support downloading the video for offline consumption.
No obvious feedback channel other than AppStore either.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Google LLC
- 143.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.