Get fast access to Google Search with the new Google home screen widget built for iOS 14. The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
More ways to access Google:
• Google Search widget — Search from your home screen with the new Google widget built for iOS 14. Choose from 2 widgets, giving you a quick search bar in both sizes, and shortcuts to choose how you Search with Lens, Voice, and Incognito in the medium size widget.
• Google Lens — Search with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• Voice Search — Search conveniently and quickly using your voice, no typing needed.
• Incognito — Search in Incognito mode whenever you want. It’s always a tap away from the homescreen.
Search safely and securely:
• All searches in the Google app are protected by encrypting the connection between your device and Google.
• Privacy controls are easy to find and use. Just tap your profile picture to access your menu and delete recent search history from your account with one click.
• Search proactively filters webspam to help ensure that you see safe, high-quality results.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
Great but also could be better…
The google app has been really helpful so far. Account switching has been made easy, the “news cards” always suggest interesting topics I’m interested in, and I never really struggled with slowness. However, my issue is how the tabs work. The rule is that any tab that has been left unused for days will eventually be exited out of (personally I prefer getting rid of that rule) however I’ve seen that some tabs would “active” (site on tab has been visited by user) and yet still be deleted if it has been there for a while. I also noticed that some older tabs that aren’t used last longer. In one case, I went on a site, and then opened up another tab to search something else, but when I went right back onto the other site, it disappeared! This makes things really confusing as people might not know when to check back into sites if they were temporarily left alone, and further confuses by the app deleting tabs out of the blue without rhyme or reason. I suggest that the team works on the function. Otherwise, I have no complaints. The app is very useful!
Usually interesting reading but
A huge bug is that when I click on that I’m not interested in a topic, I get a pop up message that Google gets it and won’t show me any more articles about that topic. But I keep seeing articles!!!! Sometimes I even see more of them. Two current examples are Princess Charlene of Monaco and Situation Puzzles. I clicked on a few of each which was enough so I clicked on that I wasn’t interested. The articles kept showing up, sometimes multiple articles every time I opened Google. Just now I opened the app and, out of 37 articles, 5 were about Charlene!! I keep saying I’m not interested but I keep seeing these articles. Enough already!!! Another annoying bug is that, when Google is refreshing the articles, if you’re reading one, it freezes and you have to exit Google, reopen it and go to Tabs to find and continue reading the article.
Google - get rid of the blue pop up tips!!!
Have an issue and cannot find anyone at Google to help. Literally EVERY SINGLE time I am on Google on my iphone, these blue “tip” boxes pop up. They contain directions and/or explanations for VERY self explanatory buttons and things on the Google page. For example -I search something like “candy” and then on the results that come up there is an overview of the subject searched. Then there is a blue box that pops up and points to that overview button and says “tap here for summary and general info”. I’m not understanding why Google has to define/explain this button every time I search something. I know what overview means. Or I look up a restaurant and a box forms over the “order here” button on the result page and says “view menu and order food.” If these instructional pop ups only occurred once when I first used Google I would understand but every time I search something there are blue boxes all over the page speaking to me like I am dumb lol. Soooo unnecessary and so annoying. Trying to find a way to disable this but no one can give me any info. I’ve tweeted at them and they don’t answer, I’ve called apple who says it’s Google’s issue but no one cares. Have stopped using Google because of how annoying it is.
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please submit a feedback report and tell us a little bit more about what you're experiencing so we can investigate further? Open Google App > tap top right profile picture or initial > Help & feedback > Send feedback, this will help us ensure that this gets reviewed by the right team. Thank you!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 283.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.