GPS & Maps is a simple, yet powerful GPS app for supporting navigation and outdoor activities like geocaching, sailing, skating, trekking, biking or traveling by airplane.
It measures your position, height and acceleration with accuracy information and in different units like feet, meter, miles and kilometers. Your highest altitude and speed will also be logged. You can show and save your current position or other waypoints on a map and pick one of the following formats to view your coordinates:
- GPS Coordinates (Latitude/Longitude)
- Decimal Degrees
- UTM: Universal Transverse Mercator
- MGRS: Military Grid Reference System
GPS & Maps is a must have for geocachers, due to the easy switching between coordinates and map. The integrated flashlight enables users like geocachers to find targets even in dark environments without having to use a separate device.
Via in-app purchase you can add some useful features to GPS & Maps:
- Premium Edition: Unlock all of the following features.
- Waypoints: Save your current location as a marker on the map. Add new locations like geo caches to the map by entering GPS coordinates. Pick different colors for waypoints. Export waypoints via e-mail. Show or hide saved waypoints on the map.
- Map Widgets: The draggable Map Widgets show your location, altitude, speed, address and GPS accuracy directly on the map. You can change the widget transparency and textcolor in the settings to optimize readability on different map tiles and map data sources like Google Maps or Open Street Map.
- Compass: The compass shows your heading relative to magnetic north or true north (configurable in the settings) and your current location coordinates. It also shows additional information like street, city and country. If you buy Compass and Map Widgets the Compass will also be displays as a widget on the map.
- Open Street Map: This feature enhances the map with additional map data from Open Street Map.
- Google Maps: This feature enhances the map with additional map data from Google Maps. The map modes 'standard', 'satellite', 'hybrid' and 'terrain' can be selected in the options menu.
- iCloud Backup & Restore
Please keep in mind that the accuracy of your position and acceleration always depends on the intensity of the available GPS signal. Compass and heading information are only available on devices with magnetometer.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Would be nice to be able to touch a saved point icon on the map and have the points list scroll to that point instead of only being able to pick a point from your saved list and it center you on that point. Also would be nice to be able to export your entire saved points list instead of only one at a time via email. Also app sometimes glitches and keeps re centering on my location when im trying to pan around my area.
I have the premium version and have concerns out of the box. First, there is no way to ask questions or get support from the app. I found an email address for developer and have written them. Secondly, my big issue is with addition of waypoints. Once gps settles down, I would expect adding a waypoint (red pin) would drop at the current location (blue dot) but that does not happen. The red pin may drop as far as 100 feet away and successive pins will be all over the map- no duplicates and none near the current location indicated by blue dot. Sometimes a pin will not drop at all.
Until this is cleared up, I have to give a low rating.
More.... 1.)never heard back from the developers so support is poor. 2.). The app does NOT drop pins at current location. The pins (waypoints) drop as much as 10 feet away or not at all. I realize that the current location is subject to jitter and the iPhone’s limitations but the waypoint should match the current location. I can not recommend this unit and would love to get my money back!
Needs direction indicator on map and compass
Dear developer, many scout troops need an app with which they can create a list of waypoints, and then navigate to the waypoints using a traditional GPS type interface. Your app comes so close! Creating waypoints is possible. But it seems there is no easy way to actually navigate to the waypoints. Looking at the map with the compass overlay, how does the user know if he/she is actually facing a waypoint? Solution: please add a marker on the compass that indicates the direction to a selected waypoint. With this, the user can look at the compass and see the direction and distance to travel. I’m ooking forward to an update with this feature. Thanks!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 38.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Editon $4.99
- POI / Waypoints $0.99
- Smart Compass $0.99
- Google Maps $0.99
- Map Widgets $0.99
- Remove Ads $0.99
- Open Street Map $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.