Graphic is a full-featured graphic design and illustration application for iPad. True desktop-class editing and illustration tools on the go.
"...the iOS’ answer to Adobe Illustrator" - Padgadget
"Finally, Professional Vector Editing Comes to the iPad; 9/10" - AppStorm.net
"Numerous options; easy to use" - Macworld
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create complex designs quickly and easily, even on the go.
Easily share designs with the Mac and iPhone versions of Graphic using iCloud or Dropbox.
- Photoshop PSD import/export
- PDF and SVG import/export
- Layer FX - shadows, glows, multiple strokes and fills, etc.
- Multi-color linear, radial, and angle gradients
- Shape libraries
- Dimension labels with precision settings
- Boolean path combinations
- Canvas scale, Rulers, and units (mm, cm, inches)
- Pen tool multi-point selection and editing
- Smart alignment guides and point snapping
- Magnifier Loupe
- Dropbox Integration
Layers, Text, Images, Object Groups, Multi-color Gradients, RGB / HSB / Hex color pickers, Brushes, Bezier Pen Tool, customizable Canvas Styles, Grid and Smart Guide Snapping, Image Masking, vector-based PDF and SVG file import/export, and much more!
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching
- Essential set of shape tools
- Multiple Layers allowing you to create complex designs
- Powerful Pen tool for creating custom shapes
- Color picker wheel / RGB and HSB sliders / Hex colors
- Magnifier Loupe
- Eraser Tool
- Unlimited Layers
- Linear, radial, and angle multi-color gradients
- Multi-style text support, TrueType (.ttf) font import
- Text gradients and text path clipping
- Convert Text to Paths, Place Text on Path
- Apply shadows and effects to shapes, text, and images
- Rotate, scale, and shear transform tools
- Snap to Grid, Smart Alignment Guides, and Point Snapping
- Line dash and arrow styles
- Image fill masking and cropping
- Canvas Styles
EXPORT / SHARE
- Export drawings as vector-based PDF and SVG files
- Export layered Photoshop PSD files
- Export transparent PNG or JPEG images
- Save and Import from Dropbox
- Sync designs using iCloud
- Save designs to your Photos Library
- Send designs via email
- Send designs directly to other iPad application
- Copy and paste to and from other iPad applications
- AirPrint document printing
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
5 small steps from perfect
I have purchased dozens of design and art apps over the last few years, looking for the best balance of features and simple design.
Affinity has the most feature rich apps on the iPad hands down, but the interface is overwhelming for non-professionals.
For raster art I usually go with Procreate or Infinite Designer, but Vector apps have been a struggle.
If Infinite Design ever comes out on the iPad, that could be a winner, but in the meantime Concepts is the closest I had found to offering Affinity style features in a easy to use interface. But it lacks too many features I needed. (ie, iCloud sync, gradient colors, text around curves, drop shadows, etc)
Graphic offers all of the above plus way more features than most of the simple vector apps out there, and it still keeps the interface far more simple to learn than Affinity. It’s the best balance I have found yet.
I just have 5 wishes:
1) A lasso tool for faster selection of multiple objects at once
2) A symmetry tool for creating precise mandalas, etc
3) A bigger brush library like Affinity Designer has, with options for things like airbrushes, water colors, charcoal and colored pencil textures, etc
4) A record option for time lapse videos of my creations
5) Ability to share (import/export) custom brushes and shape libraries from other users online.
But other than that, it’s the best I’ve found so far.
Ten years ago I quit Adobe and started using Graphic (it has gone by other names) and have not been disappointed EVER! I use the pencil for just about everything I do. If I need to morph they got a tool for swinging the lines around, if I need to use a photo they got a tool to import it, if i need to add color, change color, they got a tool for it. If I need to use pressure I use the paint brush, it works just like the pencil by adjusting the line width. It has two selection tools, one for a line or more, one for everything. The layers work flawlessly. The only thing they don’t have a tool for is the fool drawing with their program, when that happens I write and ask them about the problem and get a quick response. As to the money the last time I bought anything from anyone else it was in the thousands for this kind of versatility. This improved the bottom line for my business and one other thing I never, ever got real size measurements before I used this device and this program. I have a lot of designs for the embroidery machine I use and I never have to resize them now or fix the disproportioned designs the other programs created, never mind the quilting designs I use that absolutely have to be accurate.
I just love this app
Before retiring, I worked at a newspaper for 45 years, most of the time as a graphic artist. When the computer age came into the business, I used many, many different software programs to do my work. All high-end, state-of-the-art.
GRAPHIC, IMO, is the best app for graphic design, closest to what I used at work and most intuitive of all the apps I’ve tried on my iPad mini. I am able to use most of its features without using the tutorials, but I certainly go through those to get the most out of it.
It’s just perfect for the kind of illustrations and art I do for my astronomy/telescope hobbies.
Thanks very much!!!
(I have to add, what makes it even better is that it’s not a subscription. I detest subscriptions and as soon as I see an app is one, I move on. Recently, I was desperate for a design app and had to sign up for a subscription. They offered, one month, six months and a year. Im absolutely sure I chose one month because that was all I needed. The bill was for six months! It will be cancelled and never used again)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Picta, Inc
- 41.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Picta Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.