Want to play guitar better than anyone? Are you a rock, metal, jazz, funk or classic musician? Then this app is just for you!
This is an unique collection of guitar modes that gives you an excellent original material for improvisations! "Guitar Modes Symmetry School" is a triple horizontal system, in which modes are played with 3-notes-per-string approach. Unlike the "vertical-traditional" fingering, this school presents "horizontal-extended" fingering, that helps to perform modes in 2-3 octaves bound. Such artists as Shawn Lane, Frank Gambale, John McLaughlin, Allan Holdsworth, Guthrie Govan, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Richie Kotzen, Joe Satriani and others used to practice extended fingering in their songs. This school will help you to take possession top technique, i.e. you will be able to more quickly achieve technique perfection. Material inside this app represents our several years experience, and we hope it will give you some pleasure!
●●●●● Guitar Modes Symmetry School features:
- 3-notes-per-string approach works perfectly for guitar
- Easy learning of modes
- Ability to achieve fast performance speed (SHREDDING)
- Perform modes using full fingerboard (horizontal system)
- Theoretical and practical usage for guitar, bass and piano players
- Given material works best with jazz but also can be used for latin, pop, funk, rock, etc.
- This school will work for a beginner as well as for intermediate and advanced players.
●●●●● App Features:
● 565 type of different modes, which can be easily transposed, resulting in over 6,700 total modes (incl. transposition) !
● Harmony feature: you can see and listen to the chords, over which given modes can be played. More information about these chords you can find in our "International Guitar Chords 1 & 2" apps
● Scale Harmonizations
● Every mode is provided with corresponding optimal fingerings for your comfort
● Transpose modes into any desired key by dragging notes on the screen with your finger
● Metrotone with adjustable tempo and time signature for training
● Cursor can display note names or fingering (selectable)
● Notes can display note names or fingering (selectable)
● Degree indicator. It allows you to examine scale steps in detail. (Degree on/off toggle is located at the bottom of the Settings page)
● Sharp and flat signatures correspond to the current mode's key
● Fast cycled playback with adjustable tempo (30 - 360 BPM)
● Step by step note playback in both directions for detailed learning of modes
● Manual note selection by tapping notes on the screen
● Two guitar sound banks (Acoustic and Distortion) to select
● Six selectable harmony timbres to choose from
● Stereo Chorus FX for harmony chords at your choice
● Reverb FX on guitar sounds
● Favorites button to mark your favorite modes. Then, you can access them all from "Favorites" folder of the picker.
● Designed for both iPhone and iPad
● iPhone X support
● Guitar Driller integration support
Note: please don't forget to launch this app at least one time to make it available in Guitar Driller's "My Content" list.
For support and documentation please visit
In this update (6.1.2):
- 7 new modes added to the "Altered Diatonic" folder;
- minor bug fixes and improvements.
In previous update (6.1):
- Guitar Driller integration added. Guitar Driller is our brand new app, which allows you to collect exercises from various Fonexsis guitar apps into one Guitar Driller app, create and edit your own playlists for training, plus many other cool features! You can download Guitar Driller for FREE in the App Store;
- iPhone X support added;
- new modes added to library (17 scales);
- changes in the interface: playback tempo is now controlled with the new "Tempo" knob, located in the bottom panel; harmony balance slider has been moved to Settings page;
- Lefty view mode added to display fretboard for Lefties (turn it on from Settings page -> Lefty view mode);
- you can now select Metrotone's sound from 6 available types;
- improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Top of the Line
Since I discovered the Fonexsis apps I have never been disappointed.
Almost every aspect of playing a guitar is covered by one of these quality crafted Apps.
I do use some other apps for similar purposes but I have found that If I really want something that will significantly improve my playing, then I can't do better than the Apps from this developer.
They don't teach everything nothing does. After spending a lot of time and money, I have found most Apps with extraordinary claims have only claims and don't deliver.
These apps deliver exactly what they claim to deliver, no more no less.
3 note per string bible!
Of all the apps I have for learning and practicing scales, this is the absolute best for actually practicing them and getting better at playing. In 30 years of playing guitar, I've never made so much progress so fast!
The price? Think of it as paying for a single 1/2 hour guitar lesson, but you get an endless supply of useful exercises to work on that will actually make you a better player!
No regrets with this purchase.
Valuable Training Resource!
Great Guitar App!
The app is beautifully designed. I've only had it a week but am already finding the patterns are finding their way into my muscle memory through the clear and engaging layout. It's so fun and engaging that drilling the available patterns is becoming addictive and recall is becoming second nature. Really useful app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.