Gym Horn is a workout tracker and gym log for weightlifting, strength training, bodybuilding and cardio workout. It is easy to use and has a simple interface. NO ads and loads of free functionality!
A selection of Gym Horn features:
• Use a routine, plan or just workout. Log sets - of course in different units:
- Weight (kg, lbs)
- Plates (automatically displays calculated weight in kg or lbs)
- Time: a complete HIIT timer with rounds, intervals and pause settings
- Length (m, yd)
• Rating of perceived exertion (Paid feature)
• Rate your exercise session
• A simple overview of the workout
• Write notes (for example machine number, seat settings..)
• Log body weight, and any measurements you want
• Rest counter; Automatic and manual
• Automatic volume counter
• Use normal sets or supersets, trisets, giant sets where the app automatically switches between the exercises
• Barbell plate calculator: Calculate what plates to put on the bar from a weight. Or the other way around: calculate the weight from the plates you use
• Track Running, Walking, Cycling with the help of your phone GPS*.
• Organize your workouts with routes (paid feature)
GYM ROUTINES & PLANS
• Create Routines with a set of exercises
• Create Plans with a set of days (with a set of exercises)
• Statistics per day, rolling 7-days, 1W, 2W, 4W or custom
- Weight: min, max, min as 1RM, max as 1RM, average, total
- Reps or time: min, max, average total
• Rep-maxes (predicted and actual) (Paid feature)
GYM WORKOUT CHARTS (paid feature)
• View workout history or body measurements in a chart view. View separately or several at once to compare them!
- Weight: calculated 1RM or just weight
- Save & share chart images
OTHER GYM WORKOUT FEATURES
• Backup/restore database to iCloud (paid feature).
• Export to Excel (CSV).
• Share routines and plans with other people.
• Workout calendar.
Apple Health Integration
• Sync body weight, body fat percentage and/or workouts to Apple Health. This is an optional feature and settings can be found under Settings & More/Apple Health Settings.
*Note: Continued use of the GPS in the background can dramatically decrease the phone battery life
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is the one
I’ve spent years looking for the perfect weight lifting tracking app and this is the one. I have spent a lot of time and money trying different apps and this is by far the most complete and stable one. I’ve had issues with other apps starting to slow down after a certain number of workouts have been logged (I do 100 workouts per app before deciding if I should move on, I might be a bit obsessed) but this one just keeps going with no issues. The built in timer is solid, though it does get stuck occasionally when switching out of the app for whatever reason. Other then that, I have had zero issues with this app. I highly recommend this app to anyone that knows what they are doing and is looking for a good tracker.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! And sorry for the workout rest timer, it will be fixed in the next version!
I’ve used Gymhorn for about two years and the features keep being add. I can delete workouts that were entered wrong. Automatic backup is awesome. Totals in the workout along with a timer. The free app is a no brainer, the elite app is worth it to be able to backup and move data to a new device. I use it three times a week and have no complaints.
Amazing app, needs one fix
I love everything about this app except for the fact you can’t go back and “add set” after you’ve hit done with workout... i accidentally hit done workout and was unable to add the set I had done after... other than that. Fantastic.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback!
I've added the possibility to prevent the routines and plan days from locking. You can find it it version 3.8.7. "Settings & More"/"App Settings"/"Lock editing when done".
- Horn Software AB
- 22.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Horn Software AB
- In-App Purchases
- Gym Horn Elite $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.