HABU™ music creates killer playlists to match your every mood.
As your music collection continues to grow, HABU makes it super-easy to navigate your expansive music collection, create playlists on the fly and share what you're listening to with your friends.
• Analyze and navigate a highly personalized mood map of your music library.
• Generate mood-based playlists powered by Gracenote, the largest and most comprehensive global database of music information in the world.
• Edit to add/remove or reorder songs in your mood-based playlists.
• Discover new music based on songs from your music library.
• Play music that fits your mood---100 granular moods and 25 grouped moods organize your music by characteristics such as Sensual, Peaceful, Cool, and Rowdy.
• Playback music from iCloud.
• Learn from your music collection. Are you a Happy Energetic person or Somber Melancholy? HABU knows.
• Enjoy HABU in 10 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified).
What people are saying about HABU:
“HABU takes the music you already liked enough to load onto your iDevice and thoughtfully divvies them up into mood-centric playlists.” - TechCrunch
"Music that strikes the right chord on your heartstrings." – 148apps.com
“Bringing no less than emotional intelligence to music discovery” – mocoloco.com
“HABU [generates] tailored playlists at the touch of a finger, empowering the user to browse even the most prolific music collections.” – CoolHunting.com
“At some point, your music collection changed from a curation problem to a data management problem. HABU is here to help.” – Fast Co.Design
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea works pretty well. Just a few things...
I like this software I use it most days asa I go to and from work to match my mood. With 4500 songs on my phone its invaluable. There are only a few problems. It does not analyze songs in the background. You have to leave your phone open and the app up front to get the analysis done. Next song titles and lyrics are not part of the dark/positive analysis. So new are songs with dark lyrics and cruel titles end up in categories like soulful groove or romantic. The beat can be deceiving. I wish they would team up with a content analysis company and make the ratings better. Lastly and this is the most frustrating thing. there is no matching Mac Application that can help manage the playback of the 119+ GB of music on my mac. I would love to sit in my office and be able to pull the full range of music from my system based on my mood or the work I’m trying to accomplish. Imagine being able to designate a mood based playlist or two for transfer to the phone or iPad. (I run this on both.) Great Work. I would gladly ship you a few dollars for a mac version.
I love this application. I think it has great potential specially for people with big music collections who love to create playlists. I like the fact that you can explore your music through a different lens (mood) and find new surprising relations between song that you did not think about. It is a great tool to give you ideas when creating a playlist. One issue I see is that the app doesn’t analyze music in the background (you have to keep the phone opened)and that this app is not maintained often; the last update was about 10 months ago.
Probably Best Mood Player out there
Habu is exactly what im looking for, offline music library mood analyser and player and online music discovery according to mood you choose. Works fine, only a few unpopular songs were not mismatching the selected mood, which is so much better than dreadful shuffle. And the best part is, its totally free!!! 👍🏻
Update: on each launch it re-analyses last 200 songs so I cant choose shuffle option and have to wait for 15-20 mins every time. This is the only annoying bug and I hope they fix it soon!
The developer, Gravity Mobile, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Gravity Mobile
- 12.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- 2018 © Gracenote
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.