Securely connect, collaborate and celebrate from anywhere. With Google Meet, everyone can safely create and join high-quality video meetings up to 250 people.
Key features include:
Host unlimited high-definition video meetings
• Meet safely − video meetings are encrypted in transit and proactive anti-abuse measures help keep your meetings safe
• Easy access − just share a link and invited guests can join with one click across devices
• Share your screen to present documents, slides and more
• Follow along with real-time captions powered by Google speech-to-text technology
Anyone can join a meeting on Meet via an invitation. However, some capabilities are available only to G Suite customers.
• Camera: Needed to allow others to see you during video meetings
• Microphone: Needed to allow others to hear you during meetings
• Photo library: Needed to allow you to select your account profile picture
• Any user with a Google account can create meetings via Google Meet.
• Crash fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but needs improvements
As a high school student, I use google meet for 8 hours each day, so I know a lot about the app and about what it can and can’t be used for. I think there are many things about this app that set it above the other meet softwares such as zoom, yet there can be improvements. Take it from someone who spends more time on this app each day then he spends sleeping each night. Sometimes a teacher or student may be too loud or too quiet and you cannot change the volume because it will also change the volume of whatever other audio you are listening to, such as a Vodcast or music or a helpful video in general. This has happened to me quite frequently, at least once a day, and I have grown quite annoyed with this issue. One thing I’ve thought of is adding the ability to change the volume of individual people, as this would allow me to listen to a tutorial video on significant figures while at the same time enduring the pain of my teacher talking with her mic down her throat. Anything added to help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Works... Just needs some more work and attention
Hi. I am a student and have been using Google Meet for COVID-19 situation. It is a good app for classes and other stuff. I have been using this app for almost 6 months after my teachers decided to use Meet instead of Zoom. I spotted some problems during my time. But this new update fixed them all. And also made more issues...😒. But I expect that Google will detect them and fix them. I personally love this new update,but it made some more problems.
1. When I press the power button I automatically leave the meeting and everything just freezes up.
2. At the older version,I used to have the previous meeting links in the main menu. But here, there is nothing.
3.when I join a meeting the sound doesn’t come from the speaker of the iPhone. Instead it comes from the little speaker which is used for normal phone calls.
4. While using eardphones...(I have apple earphones) when I press the middle button of the earphones,I get out of the call. Instead of getting out of calls,the middle button should be used to turn on/off the microphone cuz that will be super handy.
5. In this update,the place where the name of all meeting members show I can't see whose camera is on or off. And I can't pin them by easily tapping at their ID
6. The option of chat should be aside the switch camera option. (It's the finest place of I can think of)
7. Add tile view. PLEASE!!!
I hope Google sees this and makes the right changes to this useful app.
Developer Response ,
Hello again, Afnan. In that case, if it continues to occur after following the recommended steps, we suggest visiting our Help Center: https://goo.gle/3b9wlNm. And also you can report feedback in the Google Meet app > Settings Menu (top left) > Send feedback.
Few things and please respond when you see this
First of all: I don't know why virtual backgrounds aren't available. Why are they not available?! Please bring them back!!!!
Second: I have a suggestion. If not for the virtual backgrounds you can do something like on zoom where you can have like different meeting room templates each with a different setup and a different theme and different customizable meeting options. Like for example you could have a classroom template, and in there it could have always the raise hand feature, polls, breakout rooms, moderator has control over chat messages and students' microphones, or you could have like a hangout chat room, where there's lots of virtual backgrounds, a more interactive chat, and the option to change the screen layout. And those are just examples, the options are endless!
Please make an update soon with the changes you've decided to make, and let me know!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 166.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.