Securely connect, collaborate, and celebrate from anywhere. With Google Meet, everyone can safely create and join high-quality video meetings for groups of up to 250 people.
• Meet safely - video meetings are encrypted in transit and our array of safety measures are continuously updated for added protection
• Host large meetings - invite up to 250 participants to a meeting, whether they’re in the same team or outside of your organization
• Engage in meetings - engage on meetings without interrupting, through Q&A, Polls, and Hand Raise
• Easy access on any device - share a link and invited guests can join with one click across devices
• Share your screen - present documents, slides, and more during your conference call.
• Follow along - live, real-time captions powered by Google speech-to-text technology
*Not all features available for free users.
Anyone can join a meeting on Meet via an invitation. However, some capabilities are available only to Google Workspace customers.
With Google Workspace, you and your team can:
• Enjoy helpful features like live captions, breakout rooms, and noise cancellation* to make meetings more productive.
• Attend meetings on the go. Meetings organized by Google Workspace users also create a dial-in phone number for each meeting, so every guest can join – without wifi or data.
* Not available in all Workspace plans.
• Camera: Needed to allow others to see you during video meetings
• Microphone: Needed to allow others to hear you during meetings
• Photo library: Needed to allow you to select your account profile picture
• Notifications: Allow you to receive helpful in-call notifications
Take collaboration to the next level by connecting over video with Google Meet, part of Google Workspace.
Ratings and Reviews
Works... Just needs some more work and attention
Hi. I am a student and have been using Google Meet for COVID-19 situation. It is a good app for classes and other stuff. I have been using this app for almost 6 months after my teachers decided to use Meet instead of Zoom. I spotted some problems during my time. But this new update fixed them all. And also made more issues...😒. But I expect that Google will detect them and fix them. I personally love this new update,but it made some more problems.
1. When I press the power button I automatically leave the meeting and everything just freezes up.
2. At the older version,I used to have the previous meeting links in the main menu. But here, there is nothing.
3.when I join a meeting the sound doesn’t come from the speaker of the iPhone. Instead it comes from the little speaker which is used for normal phone calls.
4. While using eardphones...(I have apple earphones) when I press the middle button of the earphones,I get out of the call. Instead of getting out of calls,the middle button should be used to turn on/off the microphone cuz that will be super handy.
5. In this update,the place where the name of all meeting members show I can't see whose camera is on or off. And I can't pin them by easily tapping at their ID
6. The option of chat should be aside the switch camera option. (It's the finest place of I can think of)
7. Add tile view. PLEASE!!!
I hope Google sees this and makes the right changes to this useful app.
Developer Response ,
Hello again, Afnan. In that case, if it continues to occur after following the recommended steps, we suggest visiting our Help Center: https://goo.gle/3b9wlNm. And also you can report feedback in the Google Meet app > Settings Menu (top left) > Send feedback.
Few things and please respond when you see this
First of all: I don't know why virtual backgrounds aren't available. Why are they not available?! Please bring them back!!!!
Second: I have a suggestion. If not for the virtual backgrounds you can do something like on zoom where you can have like different meeting room templates each with a different setup and a different theme and different customizable meeting options. Like for example you could have a classroom template, and in there it could have always the raise hand feature, polls, breakout rooms, moderator has control over chat messages and students' microphones, or you could have like a hangout chat room, where there's lots of virtual backgrounds, a more interactive chat, and the option to change the screen layout. And those are just examples, the options are endless!
Please make an update soon with the changes you've decided to make, and let me know!
A Useful Review that you should read
I use google meets both on my phone and on my chromebook for school. On my chromebook, it’s great; the audio is a bit choppy on occasion, but other than that it’s pretty much perfect on my chromebook. On my phone however (I have an iPhoneXR if that has anything to do with it), the screen will just randomly go black while I’m in a google meet. It doesn’t do this when I’m on any other app alone, (when you’re in a google meet you can go onto other apps and still hear the audio from the google meet while you go on whatever other apps, just like FaceTime.) but when I’m in a google meet, my screen randomly goes black for about 4-6 seconds about 4 times every 30 seconds. I can still hear the audio, and the phone doesn’t turn off because when it comes back on again it’s on the same screen it was before and I don’t have to enter my password again. While the screen is black, even if I tap on, say, a keyboard, when the screen comes back on, it didn’t/doesn’t register that I pressed any buttons. This is quite frustrating, as I am currently in a google meet and it has taken me nearly thirty minutes to write this review.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Try checking the troubleshooting guide: https://goo.gle/3bPEpE6. If you are experiencing poor quality video calls, consult the troubleshooting guide: https://goo.gle/3aPnQHh. Hope this helps.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 182 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.