HeavySet - Gym Workout Log 4+
Strength Training Tracker
- Offers In-App Purchases
HeavySet is a gym log / workout tracker for weightlifting, bodybuilding and strength training. It has a simple interface which makes tracking workouts easy and efficient.
HEAVYSET AT A GLANCE:
- Supersets / Giant sets
- Preset rest timers per exercise
- Rep ranges
- Set ranges
- AMRAP sets
- Estimated duration
- Create based on previous workouts
- Import plain text routines for rapid routine building
- Export your routines as plain text and share with friends
WORKOUT / GYM LOG:
- Log using intelligent suggested values
- Progress charts track volume, Estimated 1RM, Reps, Sets, Max Weight
- Rest timer with presets and quick modifiers
- Tempo timer metronome
- Full exercise history with notes
- Plate calculator
- Auto-advancing exercises and super sets
- Personal record notifications for rep records, estimated 1rm, volume & more
- Deload intensity, volume or rest automatically
- View workout preview
- Automatically calculate weight using intensity and training max
- Local notifications when timers end
- View all current rep records for current exercise
- Easily add any exercise
- Notes for exercises
- Training max for weight calculation
- Unilateral exercise option (doubles volume in stats)
- Add a base weight / body weight
- Track assisted exercises
- Add exercises to volume groups
PERSONAL RECORDS / STATISTICS:
- Log of every rep record your have achieved
- Filter record log by rep amount
- Notifications during workout log
- Workout / weekly progress stats
DATA IMPORT / EXPORT:
- Automatic iCloud backup
- Export to CSV without upgrading
- Import (possible) any CSV format
- In-app FAQs
- Help videos
- In-app chat with developer (not always real time)
REAL USER REVIEWS:
- “It’s the best app for seriously tracking training I’ve ever seen.”
- “The auto population of weight and reps based on the previous set is a welcome feature”
- “Exceptional simple and easy to use. Whilst being very powerful. Couldn't recommend it enough.”
- “I would recommend any weightlifter to get this app.”
- “I’ve tried out Strong, Fitbod, and Stacked. Heavyset is far better than all of them.”
- “This one is the best! Practical, simple and you can focus on the workout itself instead of fussing about the app!”
- “I would recommend this gym log to anyone.”
- “HeavySet finally dethroned the old app as my workout tracker it has the perfect blend of ease of use in the gym and powerful analytical type features outside the gym.”
- “I have been using it for over a year now and am extremely happy with it. I use it to log all of my workouts.”
- “This is the best workout tracker on the market!”
- “Been looking for workout tracker that gave me the ability to build a custom workout with specific features like sets based on percentages of a training max. This fit the bill perfectly and has a beautiful UI.”
#1 BEST WORKOUT LOG APP (iOS) 2018 - Lifewire.com
“When you open HeavySet you'll find most everything is made just to delight you.
“Let's start with data entry. The buttons are just where they need to be and big enough not to miss even with shaking legs — or hands. What's more, you typically only have to tap once to log a set; HeavySet's smart predictions have already accomplished the, umm, heavy lifting.”
HeavySet is a free download but you will need to make an in-app purchase upgrade to get access to unlimited use. As a non-paying user you are limited in the number of times you can perform the routines you input. Routines created by importing, duplicating or other automated methods are also not available. Non-paying users may improvise as many workouts as they like.
The screenshots represent the app after the intermediate user level has been purchased.
- Enable Apple Health to sync your body weight with your workouts for additional statistics as well as sharing your workout data with Apple Health.
Holy moly, it’s a HeavySet update!
While the update process should be fine, I recommend that before updating to the latest version you create a backup of your data in the Settings > Import, Export & Manage Data section. It may also be worthwhile sharing all your routines to ensure these are not lost. While the database has not changed since the previous version, the library that is used has had many significant updates.
- Added a new import from text screen.
- Added new data deletion and statistics reset options to Settings > Manage Data.
- Added new menus to routine rows accessed by long press.
- Moved support tab items to Settings tab.
- Moved exercises to tab bar.
- Changed minimum iOS version to iOS 14.
- Changed theme to use system Dark Mode controls as well as previous overrides.
- Changed custom popups. Now replaced with standard system popups.
- Changed routines to warn when reaching 26 exercise limit rather than crashing.
- Changed rows in Settings > Trash to better represent what they are.
- Fixed trashed routines appearing in exports and folder picker screens.
- Fixed two editors opening at once issue.
- Fixed exercises getting saved as skipped when editing routine for all future workouts.
- Fixed support bubbles.
- Fixed and reinstated auto trash feature.
Ratings and Reviews
Best app for tracking progress
I have tested probably 5-8 similar apps and this one is by far the best. Every app will take a couple days to get used to but this one is worth it. I personally use this app to track my weight lifting progress but it could be used for many other workout types.
On the surface it’s extremely simple but behind the scenes there is a ton of personalizations you can make to tailor the app and tracking metrics to you. Use those features or don’t, the app is great either way- and that’s what I like.
My favorite feature is being able to quickly access my previous workout or exercise to know how much I need to progress today. Tracking and viewing history is seriously so easy. Not to mention in app plate calculators and timers just a click away. I couldn’t recommend this app enough.
Lots of options to actually build your own programs that can be organized into folders and sub folders so that you can simply open one and the app will effectively step you through the session. These can be percentage dependent based on a training max that can be set manually or even updated automatically based on new rep records and e1RMs, all of which are tracked and logged in the history. You can create your own exercises and assign body parts to them so that you can track volume by body part, by session, by exercise, and by week. Nice graphs put this into a visual over time, and you can choose to track it by tonnage, reps, sets, etc. Of all the training apps I’ve tried, this one is easily my favorite mainly because of the flexibility it has to create your own routines. Hard to ask for anything better than this one. Seriously give it a try.
Awesome workout Log!
If you’re looking for a way to log your workouts for tracking and planning purposes, don’t look any further! Amazing... make sure to watch the video tutorials under the support tab. This will help understand how to use the app. It’s pretty involved and thorough and takes a little practice to master. But after setting up a few workouts, it’s very user friendly. Mid workout, you’ll be able to see past workout data for an exercise quickly and easily. You’ll be able to identify maximum reps for different weights used. You can setup supersets, giant sets, and more. Fantastic! A nice touch is the ability to also track your rest times, to ensure you at following correct rest periods, as well as monitor your tempo during an exercise.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Runloop Ltd
- 34.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2022 Runloop Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Intermediate $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.