We've compressed and optimized the complete US Coast Guard's boat manufacturer database of over 16,000 boat builders, and over 30,000 brands to fit on your iOS device, so you can have lightning fast results wherever you are, with NO Internet access needed!
Important HIN Search features include:
• Decoding of US (12 digit) and international (15 digit) HINs
• Detection of suspicious or possibly altered HINs - an important first step to make sure a boat is not stolen!
• Boat manufacturer and build date information.
• Searching for manufacturers by their company or brand names
• No Internet access needed, so you can use this app no matter where you are.
• Favorites List, including your own personal notes.
• Developed by someone who knows and understands boats.
Nearly all boats (including fishing boats, power boats, sail boats, jet skis, kayaks, and canoes) imported or built in the US since 1972 are required to have a HIN by the federal government. The HIN will include when the boat was built, and by who. With the included Manufacturer database, HIN Search can also tell you a little bit about the builder, such as if they are still in business, their address, and sometimes even an email address or website.
What this app DOES NOT do:
• Retrieve boat model information other than year. This information is NOT encoded universally in the HIN. If the boat manufacturer is still in business, please contact them directly with your HIN.
• Tell you if the boat is stolen. We can tell you if the boat HIN looks suspicious and warrants a closer look, but that's it.
• Decode boat identification numbers for boat built before 1972.
• Retrieve boat's past or current owners or sale information. Please contact your local vehicle registration authority.
Please don't leave a negative review with regards to what is clearly stated above!
This app only decodes HINs for boats which were built or imported legally in the USA since 1972. Some older (1970s) boat manufacturers "in business" dates may be incorrect. The USCG records are sometimes inaccurate.
This is a great tool for both marine professionals and boat shoppers!
Ad free, and will relieve you of scratching your head wondering, "Who made that boat?"
- User Interface Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Would be great if you could print the screen read out
I like this app for figuring out the year and builder of boats when wandering around marinas and boat yards. It works fine even when my phone can't get reception.
Doesn’t provide anymore than you can find on the free web.
Shame on them for praying on users at 4.99 just to tell the manufacturers name and business info. That’s why the web was created to begin with. No model or make or even build info. Not worth the money.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry you were disappointed. However, what the app does and does not do is clearly stated in the app description, and most people do find it worth paying for. HINSearch has some clear advantages over Internet based solutions, for example: 1) Easier to use. 2) Validates HIN format to detect possibly altered HINs. 3) Works without Internet.
- Juggernaut Technology, Inc.
- 7.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 Juggernaut Technology, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.