Have you ever dreamed of controlling your HomeKit devices right from your Home screen? Of checking the status of your HomeKit accessories without moving? Of customizing each action button without spending hours on it? Of finding the same actions always in the same place on your Home Screen?
You dreamt it, we did it!
Home Widget has been specifically designed for this purpose! You can now interact with your entire HomeKit universe (accessories, scenes, groups, shortcuts and cameras) from your iPhone or iPad Home Screen with the brand new iOS Home Widgets.
We were keen to design an app as simple as possible, in the spirit of iOS Widgets so that it is both efficient and pleasant to use.
Enough talk, let’s see how it works now!
You just create a panel in the application, you then add it accessories, scenes or sensors and even shortcuts, and that's it! All you have to do is add your Widget to the Home Screen and you can control your home right away. It’s a child’s play! HomeKit camera are also supported. You can open a live feed just with one tap from your widgets.
And if you are like us and do like everything to have its place, you can customize the icons, the names, the background colors of the panels, add transparency, blur, play with settings, and endlessly customize your control panels and widgets. You can also dim your lights with an integrated dimmer or even change the color.
Whether you have only a single connected lock or an entire HomeKit home, take the time to try it out. The possibilities are truly immense.
For example, if you want to hide a button that opens your front door under the Calendar Widget, it's simple! A stack of Widgets, a "Home Widget" under the Calendar Widget and you're done.
Last but not least, the great thing about Home Widget is that it it maintains the state of accessories, just like iOS Control Center does. If a lamp is on then the button is bright, if it is off it is dark.
One last tip for the road, you can also position your HomeKit widgets on the "Today View" by swiping right from the Home Screen or Lock Screen. This gives you access to your home from the locked screen. (It remains protected by Face ID / Touch ID).
To shorten it, “Home Widget”:
• brings HomeKit widgets to iPhone and iPad
• allows you to create customizable HomeKit control panels and actions
• provides state feedback for HomeKit accessories, scenes and groups
• shares panels between different devices via iCloud
• shares panels between different accounts using AirDrop
Family sharing is enabled on all our subscriptions and in-app purchase so you can use it across all the family devices.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a real HomeKit control center!
Some functionalities require “Home Widget Premium” which is available as a one-time in-app purchase or for those who prefer, it also comes as as an annual or monthly subscription. Its price is extremely affordable and will allow us to keep improving and maintaining this smart app.
Your feedback is invaluable so please do not hesitate to contact us to give us your thoughts or make suggestions: email@example.com
If you like it do not hesitate to recommend this app to your friends.
The Vision-App team
HomeKit is trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Term of Use: https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/dev/stdeula/
- V1.2.2 fixes an issue with Accessory Counter action that was not working properly in V.1.2.1
This new version brings some new languages (Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch and Polish).
If you notice a translation problem in your native language, please let me know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I would like to thank all the users who participated in this translation process! Thank you very much for your great involvement and for helping me to make this application available in more languages. Thanks to Florian, Gianluca C, Jan, Maciej, Edivaldo, Rick, Sven, Denis, Armin, Sabato, Gianluca S, Daniele, Ivan, Diego and all the others!
- fixes an issue with Accessory Counter action that was not working properly in V.1.2.1
- adds Bidirectional audio for HK Cameras/Doorbell that support it.
- adds an Accessory Counter action that let you display number of ON/Open/Unreachable devices.
- adds new action type for cameras to start streaming in audio muted, unmuted or bidirectional (ideal for doorbells).
- adds some icons and change default devices icons (gate, garage door, window, window blings).
- adds a “Reset background” button on “Backgrounds” page.
- adds an option for "Home Assistant" users to disable HomeKit database updates that could cause some unexpected behavior on some devices.
- changes not responding device display (icon instead of red text)
- "Transparency" & "Blur" slider now shows the exact amount
- fixes an issue that causes panel auto-naming to be disabled on previous versions. Now new panels will be auto named as soon as you add some device in it.
- fixed a layout issue with portrait cameras.
- fixes an issue that could cause some "unresponding devices" to stay in "writing state".
- fixes a corner radius issue on small panel without margin on some devices (mainly iPad).
- fixes a crash that occurs on Widgets in marginal cases.
- fixes an issue that cause Widget settings (long press on widget) to not be translated.
- fixes panel title center alignment when only one button (refresh or edit) is hidden.
- changes default icons for faucets and water valve devices.
- fixes minor issues and brings some performance improvements.
Thanks again for helping me making this app better each time.
Ratings and Reviews
Maybe I’ll be able to control HomeKit devices without my glasses
I’ve only been using the app for a short time, and so I still need to do some exploring. My main reason for getting this app is to gain the ability to control my HomeKit devices without my glasses on (HomeKit app too small for me to see). What I don’t understand is why I cannot put more than one of the same size panels (as widgets) on the same home screen page (despite being able to create multiple panels of the same size in the app). I think something in the help document refers to this, but I don’t understand. I had hoped to use multiple small panels, each assigned a unique color, to be able to recognize individual widgets. I switched strategies, trying to use a larger panel (with multiple actions), however those do not allow for assigning different colors to different actions, nor do I know how to adjust font size. So… it’s a good app, but so far I can’t get it to work for my purpose. Misc: I’d like to see a list of premium features; despite being available in my HomeKit app, this app does not list my TLC TV (Roku) as an available action. Feature wish: custom sounds when actions are performed in the widgets. I’ll keep experimenting.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your feedback and your questions. Could you contact us by email (email@example.com). It would be easier to discuss these points. Nevertheless here are my answers:
1 - To select what panel to display in your widget, long press on the widget then, "edit Widget" on the popover menu. It will let you change the panel displayed here and also change the widget position useful if using background images.
2 - Concerning TV, media devices and HomePod, Apple HomeKit do not expose them as other devices so we can't control them that way. But if you create some scenes or shortcut in the shortcut app, you can add action to trigger that scenes or shortcuts from the widgets.
Expecting that it answer all of your question.
I created many iOS shortcuts to add to my Home Screen to control HomeKit devices. This app has replaced them all and allows for multiple widgets so that devices and scenes can be grouped.
The user interface could be better.
The app also allows for the creation of a shortcut to open the home app. It would be great if this could include other apps like HomeCam to provide a short cut to view cameras.
Great job so far.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Great idea for the HomeCam shortcut. Thanks for this positive feedback.
Excellent customizable widget
This is an amazing laucnher for HomeKit accessories as well as launching custom shortcuts created within the Shortcuts app. Allows you to create beautiful homescreen widgets by allowing you to blend into your wallpaper background rather than being stuck with an always solid black or white background. May sometimes take a few moments to refresh the current state of accessories due to the limitations Apple has put on the refresh rate of widgets. Another limitation put on by Apple and not the developer is that launching a shortcut from the widgter has to first open the Shortcuts app to run but yet Apple's Shortcuts widget doesn't for some reason. But overall I love the design of this app and it is very useful for quick access to controlling your home or speeding up your processes using shortcuts.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Clement Marty
- 51.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Vision-Apps 2021-2022
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly subscription $0.49
- Lifetime License $8.99
- Annual subscription $3.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.