iCaching is your geocache buddy from cherry picking the best geocaches, managing mystery caches, transferring to your GPS up until logging your finds.
iCaching is an indispensable tool for geocachers with a Mac. Import, organize, manage, explore and export your geocaches with iCaching. A native, fast Mac App!
====== Import ======
Import GPX- or LOC-files using the import button, or drag and drop them into iCaching.
Import Pocket Queries directly from Geocaching from the Pocket Query window. iCaching also notifies you when new PQs are ready for download.
Each Pocket Query will be imported into it's own folder.
iCaching also supports the Geocaching Live API. You can query geocaches from Geocaching using all kinds of filters.
====== Organize, manage and explore ======
Explore your geocache library with the special 'Library'-folders. View your finds, favorited caches and so on. Sort on all properties of the caches.
You can easily add folders and organize your geocaches with drag and drop. Each cache has only one instance in the database.
The tabs under the geocache list show the different aspects of the selected geocache. The Info tab shows the metadata. In this tab you can also add your own note, corrected coordinates, like or dislike a cache and add or remove Favorites.
The description tab shows the offline description. The Webpage tab shows the geocache page on Geoaching.com.
The additional waypoints (for multi's) are show on the waypoints tab, with descriptions and a map.
Logs are shown on the logs-tab. Every time you import a new version of the same geocache, new logs are added to the loglist.
The last tab shows the Images that are related to the cache. You can easily export them to Garmin devices for reference 'in the field'.'
The Map window displays geocache(s) and additional waypoints on a map. This map is interactive; select caches or waypoints on the map to view their properties in iCaching and vice-versa. You can switch between map types, including Open Street Maps.
An extended search window helps you to sort out caches by all properties of the cache. You can save your filter as a Smart Folder, for later use.
iCaching can contain multiple home- or centerlocations and calculates distance and bearing from there for all geocaches on the fly.
GCVote is build in. iCaching queries for GCVote on every import, and you can rate a cache on GCVote when you have a GCVote-account.
====== Export ======
iCaching can export to GPX, GGZ, CSV and to a lot of other file-formats
You can also export directly to a whole list of GPS-devices (Garmin, Magellan, DeLorme), including paperless devices like e.g. Garmins Oregon series.
====== Logging ======
After a cache trip, easily log your finds with iCaching. You can read the visits file from your paperless GPS.
iCaching also provides the ability to log Travelbugs and to add pictures to your logs.
To make usage of the entire range of iCaching functionalities you need a premium membership at geocaching.
If you have feature-wishes or discovered something that doesn't work as expected, please contact us! You'll always get a response.
And of course: if you like iCaching, recommend it with a review!
In short, happy caching with iCaching!
Version 9.1.1 (February 2021)
- Change home location was not working correctly
Version 9.1 (January 2021)
- Personal note and corrected coordinates can be automatically updated on geocaching when you edit them (premium users only)
- New layout for the Info tab with a clearer division of geocache data and your own
Version 9.0 (November 2020)
- New modern icon
- New visual look to fit in the latest operating system, with new iconography, more spacing in the UI and green as app accent color
- Running natively on Apple silicon
- Corrected coordinate from API is now overwriting the corrected coordinate in iCaching
Version 8.5 (September 2020)
- Download your concept log drafts and finish them in iCaching. This makes iCaching the perfect companion when you use geocaching apps on your phone for geocaching.
- Added the new geocache attributes: Bonus cache, Powertrail, Challenge cache and Solution checker
- iCaching can now import Waymark LOC files again.
- Several small bugs are fixed
Version 8.4 (June 2020)
- iCaching checks corrected coordinates for mystery caches. They become green when correct, red when incorrect and stay black when it can't be checked.
- Logging in at Geocaching did not always work for some user settings.
Version 8.3 (June 2020)
- Undo / redo support for (most) editing actions
- Sort folders and Smart folders alphabetically
- Several small issues
Version 8.2 (January 2020)
- The 'download my finds' functionality is back with a simpler dialog. Right click on the ‘My Finds’ folder, or go to the ‘Library’ menu to download your finds. You can download them all, or specify a period for which you want to download them.
- The personal notes for geocaches (in the Info tab) were not always persisted.
- The iCaching or GSAK extensions were not imported.
- Fieldnotes for Events and webcam caches were not handled correctly. A ‘Found’-type field note will now be replaced by an ‘Attended’ or ‘Webcam photo taken’ log type.
Version 8.1.3 (November 2019)
- Adding Smart Folder sometimes didn't work
Version 8.1.2 (November 2019)
- Several small issues
Version 8.1.1 (September 2019)
- Download of geocaches could end up in endless wait state
- Several small issues
Version 8.1 (August 2019)
- Log text for trackable logs is now required (by Groundspeak API)
- Loading finds on application start did not work correctly
Version 8.0 (May 2019)
This update is all about the new API for the communication with Geocaching. You need this update to continue to use that after June 1, 2019.
Function wise this update does not bring new stuff, as it was a ton of work to make use of the new API.
But you’ll notice that the communication with geocaching will be quite faster.
Ratings and Reviews
One of the Best
I am a Mac User and my wife is a Windows user. Previously, I had to depepnd on her to run a windows program to obtain desired information. Now I can do it much quicker for the most part using Caching. The owner has been exceedingly helpful in making requested upgrades and providing fast technical insight and help when requested. I am still learning the power of the Filter and as I master it, I have more time to make the Find. I would suggest anyone unable to make the Application work for them to call/write support. Many times I have felt embarrassed after obtaining correct information processes. Keep this one active please.
I needed an app to manage the geocaches on my Garmin 64s. I have a Mac so cannot use some other programs. The GPS came preloaded with 250K caches but I soon learned that many for my state were missing. So I ran an initial query for my state and now each week I can run a query for new caches and iCaching automatically gets the query. Very easy to load an updated file each week to my GPS. I like the ability to set up folders for caches to get that week and create a route map.
I highly recomment this app for Mac users. Easy to use. Nice interface. No problems or issues using it.
It’s a great Mac Platform
I attempted to use GSAK and was overly confused. This program doesn’t have nearly the learning curve of the other one, yet it has enough features that keep me coming back to learn more about it. I have had it for over a year now and have not been disappointed.
The filtering is like a 6th grade student (yes I am a teacher), you have to be precise in telling it what you want, AND don’t want. Once you figure that out, its a piece of cake to use.
Thanks for a great program.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Marius de Reus
- 16.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German
- Age Rating
- © teamGiants
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.