Do you create apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch or iMessages?
Are you tired of having to make so many different images every time you make a new app or change the icon?
Do you know how many icon files you have to create for each platform? Look at these numbers...
• Mac apps require 10 icon files.
• iPhone apps require 9 icon files.
• iPad apps require 10 icon files.
• iOS Universal apps require 15 icon files.
• Apple Watch apps require 11 icon files as well as the iOS icon files.
• Sticker Pack apps require 13 icon files.
• iMessages apps require 9 icon files as well as the iOS icon files.
The images have to be exactly sized and formatted and they have to be installed into your Assets library in the correct locations.
But you don't want to have to work all that out for every app and every icon change!
Why not let Icon Builder do all the boring stuff?
Create & install the icon files you need in just 3 steps:
1. Drag an image into the window.
2. Select the device family.
2. Click the "Create icon assets" button and choose the folder containing your xcodeproj file.
Icon Builder will create all the image files at the correct size depending on the selected device family and minimum system version. These will be saved to an iconset folder and installed into the Assets.xcassets of your Xcode project.
For Apple Watch and Messages apps, the structure of the project is slightly different but Icon Builder works it all out for you and saves all the required files to the correct locations.
If you are not using Xcode, you can save the icons to a folder and add them to your project manually.
This app can also create the icns files that were used for Mac apps before Xcode 5 or 6. These are still useful for document icons and other IDEs.
Icons for iOS apps can now choose between sRGB and p3 color profiles.
Support for macOS Mojave dark mode. Use the Window menu to switch between system, dark and light modes.
Extra icons for watchOS app to support Apple Watch Series 4.
Ratings and Reviews
1. The application window size is not adjustable. The buttons hide behind the dock and are very hard to interact with. Please fix.
2. It’s not suitable for iOS 8. Please update.
3. The generated small icons are extremely blurry.
4. So far I would like my $3 back as the application is useless as is.
UPDATE: After I upgraded to MacOS Mojave, it started working. It supports iMessage and the other replacement dosen't. Now it works great! But you should test it on High Sierra.
Waze Speaking: “After reading this take a U-Turn to the app store search bar” Me Speaking: Will not work DO NOT BUY THIS APP get "App Icon Set Creator” Instead.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear the app won’t launch for you. If you like to contact me directly, I would be happy to work with you to try to solve this.
worked great, fast
this worked slick, just like it said it would do, drop one image on it, then just drag the ALL new images at once it made into your asset catalog and drop them DONE!!! well worth the money!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.