Travel smarter with the Government of Canada’s Travel Smart app, your one-stop-shop for international travel information and advice. Find accurate, up-to-date information on security, entry and exit requirements, health, laws and culture, natural disasters and emergency contact information for destinations around the world.
The Travel Smart app downloads information on your destinations for offline use so you can access important travel advice when and where you need it, even if there is no Wi-Fi or cellular access.
Driving to, or back from the U.S.? The app will locate the nearest key Canada–U.S. border crossings and will deliver continuously updated wait times so you can plan to get to your destination on time.
• Find up-to-date travel advice and advisories on over 200 destinations worldwide.
• Find emergency contact information for embassies and consulates abroad and the 24-7 Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa.
• Find continuously updated wait times at key Canada–U.S. border crossings listed by distance from your location.
• Connect to Travel.gc.ca’s social media accounts, where you can ask questions, share travel advice and learn even more about travelling safely abroad.
• Sign up for the Government of Canada’s Registration of Canadians Abroad service and stay connected to Canada in case of an emergency at home or abroad.
•Fixed bug that prevented the maps from displaying properly
•Fixed bug when rotating device
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
GREAT UPDATE, ALBEIT LATE
After an update two weeks ago, the app works again, and I couldn’t be happier! Well done, and this app is changed from one star ⭐️ to FIVE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars!! Well done!!
P.S.: Also, effective June 21, 2019, both Canadians, Americans, and nationals from some other countries will be able to enter Brazil 🇧🇷 VISA-FREE, saving themselves over $100+ a pop in the process!! 🇨🇦🇺🇸
Very useful when it works
Currently can’t easily add or remove countries without the app freezing, when it works though it’s super useful with everything you need to know from a health and safety perspective when visiting a country
Hasn't worked since last update
The app was great - useful info in super clear format.
Since an update a couple of weeks ago, it stopped working completely. Won't even open.
I've uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.
I hope it gets fixed soon!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.