- Fixed the random app closing/crashing that some users experienced.
- Fixed some sync issues. Your data is now instantly updated on all your devices.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is robust and powerful. I absolutely love it. It's easy enough to use right away, but to get full benefits you should dedicate quite a bit of time with it. I sat down with a pen and paper and worked with my goals, action steps, etc and put them in the app. I love being able to have recurring events. Super useful when trying to establish my morning and evening routines as well as build a dream physique. For someone as scattered as me, to look down and see what I have to do for the day to achieve my goals, it is empowering.
My only complaint is that currently recurring events can only be labeled under 1 goal. Sometimes an activity helps meet multiple goals. I emailed the company and hopefully they will change that with an update. They did respond within 24hrs so that is great. Regardless this is a powerful tool
What I have been looking for
Planning is a high priority for my schedule and because I have a lot of goals that will never be achieved without it. I have tried a number of really good "paper planners " but just had a horrible time engaging with them. I am a Leadership/Life Coach and needed to get my own coach to help me with an effective planning solution. Through that process I found this app. It is inexpensive, super effective and engaging with some powerful daily Coaching questions built in to it. I love it, and guarantee that it will add value to anyone who uses it.
“Restore Purchase” doesn’t seem to work!
EDIT: I was just told via a response to this review (not my original query) that I can “restore” purchases. I tried it before I contacted the developer and it did not work. I only have the one account, so that’s not the issue. After the half-assed response from developer and out of necessity, I’ve gone back to 2Do.
I decided to retry this app. It’s a decent goal setting/planning/ task management app. I found a couple of issues...
- Apparently you cannot “share” your upgrade subscription to your iPad. I upgraded to Pro on my iPhone. When I try to plan on the iPad app it prompts me to upgrade...again. This is a major drawback. I’ve asked if there are other ways to plan and share because I find it frustrating to plan on my small iPhone. I’ve submitted a question...
- Web account is a separate subscription fee. I was unable to use the web program for anything I needed to do without the subscription. I have a beef with subscriptions anyway, I hate paying for tweaks that may come...what happened to the days when you paid for something once? I despise the fee structure that seems to be dominant in apps 😠
- I have not been able to figure out how to re-order goals/milestones, which I require for clarity and future planning. I suggest you enter them in the order that makes sense to you.
Developer Response ,
You misunderstood. You can definitely "share" your upgrade on all your iOS devices. Just open the 'Account Settings' page, tap on 'Restore Purchases' and follow the directions.
Make sure you are logged in to the same iTunes account you used to upgrade the app on the iPhone.
- Success Wizard, Inc.
- 63.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Success Wizard, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Get-It-Done Pro $2.99
- Get-It-Done Pro $18.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.