Back in the “old days”, producers and engineers created delay and echo effects using tape machines. Tap Delay combines the warm sound of vintage tape echo machines with a modern, step sequencer-like tapped delay engine which continues the tradition of the tape echo machines into the 21st century.
The Tape simulation includes all relevant aspects for the recreation of a faithful analog tape sound:
• Compression and Saturation
• Tape hiss
• Tape head bias
• Wow and Flutter (Tape speed instability)
• Smooth speed / delay time changes
Three feedback filters with hipass/lowpass and bandpass characteristic simplify the creation of authentic dub echo effects.
The built-in Limiter allows for endless feedback sounds.
Use live input from any source - Microphone, Guitar, Audiobus and Inter App Audio - or take a song from your iTunes library for processing.
• Multi-tap delay machine
• 24 taps for rhythmic delay effects
• Tape simulation ( Saturation, Noise, Flutter )
• Alias free tape saturation through oversampling.
• MIDI controllable including Tempo sync
• Delay loop equalizer for dub effect.
• Glitch free simulation of variable tape speeds.
• Spatial echo rotation effect.
• Audiobus 3 compatible with state saving
• IAA compatible ( Auria, Cubasis, Garageband ).
• AudioUnit AUv3 with parameter automation.
• Ableton Link.
• Integrated iTunes player.
- Crash on MIDI Learn fixed
- Bluetooth MIDI added
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A couple bugs but cool sounding
Some very interesting sounds, there’s a bug that makes the app crash when trying to export presets. Hope things get ironed out soon.
Oh my! This is an absolute gem!
I held off purchasing Tap Delay for a long time as I already have an arsenal of great delay fx apps. But because of a sale I decided to try it out.
I’ll say it flat out - this is absolutely my favorite delay fx of all time. Possibly my favorite of any fx. It’s just beautiful. I don’t think I’ll use any other delay going forward unless I’m looking for a pure digital sound.
So far I’ve only tried it on some of my pre-recorded loops. I can’t wait to try it in my live guitar fx chain.
The name 'Tap Delay' might be misleading: yes this app is a fantastic delay but it's so much more than Just a delay: looking to dirty-up a piece of audio? Tap Delay. Looking to vocoder-esque-modulate something? Tap Delay. Looking to create a full-blown polyrhythm out of 2 beats? Tap Delay. The IAA menu-ette is the best I've seen and the app Sounds brilliant. Classify under Hell Yes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.