Enjoy a completely overhauled DoodleCAD with all the same great features but a new updated look and native Apple Silicon Macs.
DoodleCAD is an easy to learn, feature rich and inexpensive vector drawing and 2D CAD tool that gives Mac OS X users the tools they need to do illustrations, diagrams, and mechanical drawings like a pro at a very affordable price. DoodleCAD is designed to be both powerful and intuitive. You can create art for art's sake or scale blue prints of your house remodeling plans. You can even draft a full set of scaled and dimensioned views of that clever invention you've thought up.
DoodleCAD has standard tools for making simple shapes and both complex curved and straight paths. Show the exact size and angle measurements of individual parts or line segments with ease. When you're done you can export to standard image formats including PNG, JPEG and PDF or copy just part of the drawing and paste it into other applications.
Try DoodleCAD today! The trail version fully function except with the only limitations in its ability to print, copy or paste into other applications.
● Page size from print setup
● Hierarchical view of objects
● Full drag rearrange of object ordering
● Multiple drawing layers
● Rectangles, Round Rects and Ovals
● Regular Polygons
● Smooth or Discontinuous Freeform
● Intuitive click-drag control of object position, size and rotation
● Keyboard entry of position, size and rotation for precise control
● Full control over line segment and vertex geometry
● Full vertex level editing
● Full control of bezier path
● Can add and delete path points
Stroke & Fill
● Full control over stroke color, weight, line style, join and endcap style
● Solid fill, linear & radial gradient fill, pattern fill and image fill
● Widgets for line tail and head including squares, circles and arrow heads
● Full control over dimension line position relative to object
● Object dimensions as well as line segment and vertex angle dimensions
● Document level control of dimension line weight, color, arrow head style and font
● Document scale
● Drawing origin can be set to anywhere
● Unit conversion from entered text to objects units
● Full text formatting
● Convert text to character shapes
Export (only in paid app)
● JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PDF
● Export to any image resolution
● Export either the whole document or just selected objects
This is a complete overhaul of the venerable DoodleCAD application that was introduced in 2005. DoodleCAD is intended for the user who wants to do basic drafting or illustration work but doesn’t need a full blown (expensive) CAD or illustration program. This free download provides unrestricted use of all application features except for print and export of images for use in other applications. If you like the app and need to print or export an image you can purchase the full app using an in-app purchase.
This is a bug fix release to fix several bugs in the tree view, one of which was a crashing bug.
- Fixed a crash when selecting objects.
- The tree view now doesn't joggle around if there's a lot of visible objects
- Prevent dragging into or out of a group in the tree view
- Duplicating an object inside of a group now puts the duplicated object in the same group
Ratings and Reviews
I have been a longtime user and really appreciate the ease of use and simplicity of the tools. I infrequently create technical drawings, but mainly use it extensively for posters, signs, and illustrations. It allows me to import a variety of file types. So I am able to take graphics and pictures created or edited in other applications and use them to build my project. Utilizing the ability to create various layers, which can be alternately used, allowing a sign or menu serve several function without having to be recreated.
The latest version is superior to my initial purchase and I applaud the many new features. Thank you D. Stewart. Keep up the good work.
Works as Promised
This is a very scaled down version of what CAD programs usually do, hence the name "doodle" CAD. I had some problems figuring out the interface, and then I read the reviews, and I thought, geez, I doubt the program is THAT BAD! And I was right,
IT'S a pretty good program. After a couple of hours of concentration, I can see it does have some pretty sweet features for a simple program. If at first you don't succeed, maybe it's not the program, maybe it's you.
Great for beginners
I am not a regular CAD user, but frequently when I write manuals, I need to create simple mechanical designs. Over the years I have accumulated various programs to aide in this, but this one is always my main use program. It is simple to learn, and does more than I need. Why struggle with complicated programs you don’t use daily when this fits the bill nicely at a reasonable cost? It is also great that the developer responds quickly when I am having problems and need his help.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daniel Steward
- 10.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright (c) 2015 DoodleBytes Development. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Full use of DoodleCAD for 1 Month. $2.99
- Unlock for one month recurring $6.99
- Purchase DoodleCAD $159.99