Teach, present, sketchnote, record videos, and work together, all in the Explain Everything Whiteboard.
Compared to other tools, Explain Everything is the Swiss army knife of the whiteboarding apps. Due to its unique versatility, new possibilities to express knowledge are opened up, breaking down the boundaries of time and distance, allowing you to sketch, talk and share across a new landscape, digitally reimagining how you explain anything.
Make the process of creating quality explainer videos a breeze. Share your whiteboard presentation either on site or at a distance. Open up an infinite digital space to visually brainstorm complex ideas and share invaluable feedback.
• Bring in media directly from iCloud, GDrive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, or Evernote as well as export back to them.
• Capture your interactions and voice to create just-in-time video messages and stories.
• Whiteboard together in real time with voice chat on any device, anywhere. Invite guests with a link or project CODE to join you. Record everything and share later as a video.
• Turn your infinite canvas into a mixed-media playground of videos, images, documents, and sketches that captivate, engage, and inspire others.
• Share your projects as images, PDFs, MP4s or editable Explain projects. Share as a web video link so others can stream your Explainer videos.
• Centrally manage your group or institution’s access to the whiteboard and its functionality with ease and comfort.
––– Present, teach, and inspire –––
Lead your audience with a flexible interactive tool. Add documents, images, video, audio, sketches, and more to engage all styles of learning. Organize your materials on an infinite canvas and never run out of space.
––– Record and share whiteboard videos –––
Record animations, annotations, and voice, and make edits using the timeline. Explain Everything’s infinite canvas and recording tools make creating explainer videos a breeze.
––– Meet and collaborate –––
Meet, work, record, and share your videos all in a single app. Invite anyone to your Explain Everything Whiteboard and collaborate in real-time on our infinite canvas with voice-chat. Record the whole thing or pick out the good bits, edit the video, and share it as a link. All in one package.
Explain Everything is used and loved by tutors & consultants, trainers & teachers, storytellers & visual learners, business communicators & professionals, and anyone with the drive to explain or present complex concepts and truly connect with their audiences.
New accounts come with a free trial of the features provided in the Individual Subscription Plan.
You can get your Explain Everything subscription in the app, which will be charged according to you chosen plan and country. Your price options will be shown in the app before you complete a payment. Subscriptions will renew automatically each month/year through your iTunes account, unless you turn off auto-renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period, which you may do at any time in your iTunes account settings. You will only be charged for one period at a time. You may cancel your subscription at any time and will continue to have access to our premium features until the next renewal period.
• Improved and more intuitive drawing and annotating. From now on, drawings will turn into separate, movable objects when the space between the drawn lines is big enough. When drawings are close to each other, they will group, but can be manually ungrouped so you can move them separately.
• Most notifications and alerts have been rewritten so they’re easier to understand, and they also feature a brand new visual style.
• The new “Guides” section on the Home Screen now features free templates with step-by-step instructions for you to download right from the app.
• Group Admins can now disable cloud features for their group in the App Configuration panel on Explain Drive.
• We’ve removed some pesky errors that used to appear when launching Explain Everything via external links. It is now more seamless.
• YouTube and GDrive access permissions are now separate from Sign-in so you can now choose when to enable them and which YouTube channel you’d like to use.
• Objects set as the background now have the same set of actions available in the Inspector as when they’re not in the background.
• Numerous other small issues have been sent to the nether realm ;)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but missing important features
I would rate this 3.5-4⭐️s.
➡️TL;DR: its a really good app with really decent functionality however as it is it really isn’t/can’t be the only app I use for my note/screen casting needs.
(Sorry for a billion emojis- added for readability)
As a student and tutor I use these for review and teaching. It’s been great for mind mapping and breaking down complex concepts as I move to grad level concepts. Despite the learning curve it’s been very functional for me but it is missing some features I’d love to see.
- customization - colors/papers/background
- endless paper
- good apple pencil functionality
- great sharing/recording abilities
- personal templates
- good features for math adaptability
- shape tool
❎Cons/Missing items (❗️To indicate importance):
❗️❗️❗️❗️- a way that zoom doesn’t change pen size. I just want to side scroll w/o effectively changing pen size, etc maybe add more pen sizes or custom sizes that don’t change despite zoom level. At this point I have to use stealth so I can note zoom % and maintain it after I scroll
❗️❗️❗️- better pen style selection tool for easier movement and grouping
❗️❗️❗️- hand gesture for easier undo (preferably double tapping)
❗️❗️ - auto straighten for lines (maybe after holding for a sec?) ruler is too time consumptive
❗️- recoloring drawn elements
Great idea... not a good app.
I was tasked with using this app for a class project where I would make a video of me explaining tips of another app. I whipped out Explain everything and I realized right away this would be a difficult project. Not because of the task given to me, but because of the app I had to use. While it’s a great idea, Explain Everything is not what I was hoping for. It was slow, and it had very basic features. I had to record audio for the slides and it was almost guaranteed that it would cut off either the beginning of what I was saying or the end. Sometimes both. It also doesn’t seem to allow you to move audio around if I wanted to add something, or to try to fix what it had cut off. I am also disappointed that there is no way for me to watch the whole project at once instead of clicking on each individual clip and clicking play. This app did not live up to my expectations and I was really hoping to add this app to my list of daily project creation apps. As of today, though, it will not be used further. I am open to retry it in the future. As I said, it’s a great idea. The app just isn’t ready yet.
Developer Response ,
Hi - we're sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experiencing using Explain Everything! We do offer basic project functions, nevertheless, there are many more options that you may not be aware of. For example, it's true that we do not yet offer the ability to move audio on the Timeline. However, we do have an Insert option, which allows you to add audio anywhere in your recordings. Also, if you tap and hold on the Play button, you'll see our Golden Play feature which allows you to preview the whole project before exporting. If you would like to try our app out again, I recommend reaching out to email@example.com with some more information regarding some of the issues you were experiencing. We would be more than happy to help clarify!
Deletes your work if you close the cover of your iPad
It happened twice.
I’m trying out a lot of online whiteboards for mathematics research, collaboration, and teaching. Explain Everything has some nice features (like an infinite workspace), but also a lot of problems. The biggest problem in the interface is that you can’t easily select things and move/delete them. Instead, things are unaccountably “grouped” together with random other things (yes, even with the “auto-group” setting turned off).
But the kicker was losing hours of work. The first time it happened, I didn’t lose much, and I thought I had done something wrong. The second time, I had worked for a long time on a calculation, and then closed the folio cover and moved to a different desk. When I opened it again, I was asked if I want to upgrade (still trying it out), and when I said “no”, I progressed to a screen where I could choose which project I wanted to open. But my project was blank. Apparently, I was supposed to have pressed a “save” button.
For you younger kids: Back in the 80’s and 90’s, you used to have to ask your computer to save your work, because otherwise you would lose it the next time the computer or the program crashed, which was usually very soon. Those of us who lived through that don’t want to go back, and I’m very disappointed the Explain Everything is still living in those days.
I’ve learned what I need to know from my free trial.
Developer Response ,
Hi Nathan - Would you mind letting us know if you're able to find this project in a folder called 'Recovery'? This will appear if the app closes suddenly and a file has not been properly saved. Explain Everything does have an autosave feature built-in. Usually, you can see a small loading icon next to the project title that indicates that it's saving. You can also turn on an option in the app settings that will allow you to manually save every time you leave the project. However, if your project was erased from the app completely, could you reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with some more information? This shouldn't happen and we would be more than happy to look into the problem!
- Explain Everything sp. z o.o.
- 248.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Explain Everything
- In-App Purchases
- Individual Monthly Plan $6.99
- Explain Everything™ Individual License $12.99
- Individual monthly plan $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.