Winner of the App Store Best of 2020: Leading the Classroom.
Teach, present, sketchnote, record videos, and work together, all in the Explain Everything Whiteboard.
Compared to other tools, Explain Everything is the Swiss army knife of the whiteboarding apps. Due to its unique versatility, new possibilities to express knowledge are opened up, breaking down the boundaries of time and distance, allowing you to sketch, talk and share across a new landscape, digitally reimagining how you explain anything.
Make the process of creating quality explainer videos a breeze. Share your whiteboard presentation either on site or at a distance. Open up an infinite digital space to visually brainstorm complex ideas and share invaluable feedback.
• Bring in media directly from iCloud, GDrive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, or Evernote as well as export back to them.
• Capture your interactions and voice to create just-in-time video messages and stories.
• Whiteboard together in real time with voice chat on any device, anywhere. Invite guests with a link or project CODE to join you. Record everything and share later as a video.
• Turn your infinite canvas into a mixed-media playground of videos, images, documents, and sketches that captivate, engage, and inspire others.
• Share your projects as images, PDFs, MP4s or editable Explain projects. Share as a web video link so others can stream your Explainer videos.
• Centrally manage your group or institution’s access to the whiteboard and its functionality with ease and comfort.
––– Present, teach, and inspire –––
Lead your audience with a flexible interactive tool. Add documents, images, video, audio, sketches, and more to engage all styles of learning. Organize your materials on an infinite canvas and never run out of space.
––– Record and share whiteboard videos –––
Record animations, annotations, and voice, and make edits using the timeline. Explain Everything’s infinite canvas and recording tools make creating explainer videos a breeze.
––– Meet and collaborate –––
Meet, work, record, and share your videos all in a single app. Invite anyone to your Explain Everything Whiteboard and collaborate in real-time on our infinite canvas with voice-chat. Record the whole thing or pick out the good bits, edit the video, and share it as a link. All in one package.
Explain Everything is used and loved by tutors & consultants, trainers & teachers, storytellers & visual learners, business communicators & professionals, and anyone with the drive to explain or present complex concepts and truly connect with their audiences.
New accounts come with a free trial of the features provided in the Individual Subscription Plan.
You can get your Explain Everything subscription in the app, which will be charged according to you chosen plan and country. Your price options will be shown in the app before you complete a payment. Subscriptions will renew automatically each month/year through your iTunes account, unless you turn off auto-renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period, which you may do at any time in your iTunes account settings. You will only be charged for one period at a time. You may cancel your subscription at any time and will continue to have access to our premium features until the next renewal period.
• Fix for performance issues in some Text Object usage scenarios.
New Export Improvements
• A quick slide selection menu now gives you a better overview of the slides in your project. Select the number of slides under the Export Preview to access it.
• The Export Preview now displays the slide you’re currently on.
• You can now switch between paper size standards when selecting the Page size in the Export Document Options.
• You can now Zoom and Pan with two fingers also when using the Eraser, Text, or Shape Tool.
• The Copy (cmd ⌘ + C) and Paste (cmd ⌘ + V) keyboard shortcuts are now working as intended.
• Multiple other improvements and fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve used Explain Everything for almost 5 years without any of the technical difficulties mentioned by other reviewers; not a single glitch, freeze, or lost project. As far as performance & features, I can’t complain; I teach high school advanced math, and I’ve constantly supplemented my teaching with lecture notes captured on my iPad along with what I call “pencasts” (think Kahn Academy videos). The interface operates flawlessly; I usually import images and screencasts from other math apps with no problem whatsoever. Now, in the world of full distance learning, EE has become even MORE valuable; the subscription version allows a simultaneous web board and the app shares easily with Google Meets and Zoom. No matter how your students need to see your screen (if you’re using EE as a live whiteboard), this app’s got you covered! As far as cost, I’m a firm believer that you get what you pay for, and EE delivers more than I imagined. One of the most precious features is its direct upload to Google Drive, DropBox, and others (I use GD & DB only). So thank you, and here’s looking to at least another 5 years!
There is a bit of a learning curve but when you get there you find a very flexible app. They continue to develop it which is great.
All in all, I’m on board.
**But one major annoyance is that it will randomly select the Eraser even though I never selected it. Yes, this happens purely with the Apple Pencil and no part of my hand, or anything else touching my iPad Pro screen. It interrupts the workflow, especially if you’re recording a video lesson.
Yes, the export to video takes too much time, hoping that improves.
**As the developer pointed out, it is the double tap feature, thank you.
Picking a pencil color doesn’t change the color options for other tools.
Being able to select a view that shows hidden objects without the need of the inspector tool which would be incredibly useful while recording. I’ve had to pause and figure out where I hid objects to be revealed during recording.
If using a microphone, automatically have it record in stereo. I’ve had to import the video to GarageBand and convert the mono to stereo.
Holding down an object doesn’t change it to Inspector view. Trying to move things around this happens and you have to go back to the selection tool.
Overall, a wonderful app!
Developer Response ,
Hi - thank you for rating our app and providing us with your feedback!
Regarding the issue you're experiencing with the Apple Pencil, this may be due to the double-tap gesture. When tapping twice in Explain Everything with your Pencil, you will return to the last used tool. This functionality can be turned off in your device settings. You can find step by step instructions here: https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/apple-pencil-ipad63913965/ipados. I hope this helps!
As for your additional comments:
- When a color is changed in the Draw Toolbar, it should be updated for all the other tools. If this is not occurring, could you please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org? We'll be able to investigate further from there.
- The issue with mono vs stereo recording has been resolved in our latest release. Once you update the app, everything should work properly!
- There are a few additional functions available under the Hand Tool. If you tap on it twice, another menu will appear where you can turn off the 'Touch and hold' feature. Now, you shouldn't be switched to the Inspector tool if you hold onto an object for longer.
Finally, I'm happy to let you know that your feedback about the hidden objects has been passed on to our team. We'll look into it and see if this is something we can implement in the future!
Great idea... not a good app.
I was tasked with using this app for a class project where I would make a video of me explaining tips of another app. I whipped out Explain everything and I realized right away this would be a difficult project. Not because of the task given to me, but because of the app I had to use. While it’s a great idea, Explain Everything is not what I was hoping for. It was slow, and it had very basic features. I had to record audio for the slides and it was almost guaranteed that it would cut off either the beginning of what I was saying or the end. Sometimes both. It also doesn’t seem to allow you to move audio around if I wanted to add something, or to try to fix what it had cut off. I am also disappointed that there is no way for me to watch the whole project at once instead of clicking on each individual clip and clicking play. This app did not live up to my expectations and I was really hoping to add this app to my list of daily project creation apps. As of today, though, it will not be used further. I am open to retry it in the future. As I said, it’s a great idea. The app just isn’t ready yet.
Developer Response ,
Hi - we're sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experiencing using Explain Everything! We do offer basic project functions, nevertheless, there are many more options that you may not be aware of. For example, it's true that we do not yet offer the ability to move audio on the Timeline. However, we do have an Insert option, which allows you to add audio anywhere in your recordings. Also, if you tap and hold on the Play button, you'll see our Golden Play feature which allows you to preview the whole project before exporting. If you would like to try our app out again, I recommend reaching out to email@example.com with some more information regarding some of the issues you were experiencing. We would be more than happy to help clarify!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Explain Everything sp. z o.o.
- 255.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Explain Everything
- In-App Purchases
- Individual Monthly Plan $6.99
- Explain Everything™ Individual License $12.99
- Individual monthly plan $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.