Enjoy all of your music, pictures, movies & documents stored on your Lima Device at home - without taking space on your smartphone. The Lima Device enables you to build your own personal Cloud in seconds: www.meetlima.com. With Lima, you can take your terabytes of files with you wherever you go, and keep them safe at home at the same time.
- All of your music & movies everywhere: You can stream your entire movie and music library in the Lima app without taking space on your phone.
- Automatic upload of your pictures and videos: Anytime you take a picture or shoot a video on your iPhone, it’s automatically uploaded to your Lima at home and you can enjoy it right away on all of your other devices.
- Works over WiFi, 3G/4G or offline: Enjoy the entirety of your content when you’re online, or keep any files offline in just a swipe if you leave the Internet or don’t want to use your data plan.
- Never miss a document again: All of your files are always with you.
- Free space on your iPhone: once your pictures have been uploaded to Lima at home, you can delete them from your Photo Roll and still enjoy them in the Lima app… without taking space!
- Works with Chromecast: Watch your personal videos on the big TV screen.
Integrates with other apps. You can open all of your files with other apps or share them on your favorite social networks.
- Raised $1.2 M on Kickstarter
- Won 2 CES Innovation Awards in 2015: “Software and Mobile Apps” & “Computer Accessories”
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeetLima
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/meetlima
- Support: https://support.meetlima.com/
Fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Primary use: watching training videos on my iPad.
I've owned my Lima device for over a year now. I had very high hopes for Lima, & until recently, I withheld my judgement on its performance since I felt like it was such new technology, the Lima team needed plenty of time to perfect it. I wanted it to be successful because:
1) I was one of the backers on their Kickstarter-style campaign,
2) being somewhat technically savvy, I've spent hours optimizing its configuration, the network, etc., and,
3) it's such a cool idea.
Unfortunately, I cannot give Lima a positive review. Every step of the way, from order fulfillment & shipping, to support, & functionality - has been an absolute bitter let-down.
I give two stars, because, when it DOES actually work, it's great. How often does it actually work? In my experience, only about 20% of the time, & that's being kind, since much of the time that it works is when I'm at home on the same wifi as my Lima.
At this time, I cannot recommend this device for personal use, much less business use. There are too many other solutions available that address all of the promised functionality of Lima, and although those solutions may end up costing a bit more than Lima, they can certainly be counted on to perform as advertised.
I challenge the Lima team to fulfill the promises made with the introduction of Lima. At the very least, address the issues with getting it to communicate with & stream to popular mobile devices.
It can be hard to get one of these babies but over all once you’ve got it they work pretty good. I have not used it for more than picture back ups as of yet and again works great for that. They have a blog with up coming changes which all look good but slow to update. But then again it’s a small startup company and their releases seem tested throughly before release.
Now does the device come with short comings... yes.. i didn’t follow the directions for my first install (i’ve got two) and locked myself out of the device. wrote an email to support and within 12hrs they reset my account (deleted it) so i could start over and follow the directions. That’s got to be the most important part 😉
Long story short I hope this company can get more of these devices out there so it can be successful future.
Honest Lima customer review
Bought 2 Limas. So unstable. Never worked like it advertised. I had to exchange one of them but you know what, still not working right. I disconnected them. Don’t buy it, wasted them and money.
- Lima Technology
- 108.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 Lima Technology Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.