Thanks for all the feedback so far! This update integrates a lot of suggestions and fix requests we received. Send feedback to @rocketcatgames on twitter or contact us through our support email.
- Enemies now have attack indicators on the turn just before they attack.
- Combat HUD now shows the remaining enemy count in that battle.
- Tapping on the remaining enemy count opens the Enemy Beastiary with descriptions of the remaining enemies.
- Pause Dialog now shows what cards each character in your party has.
- Game now uses less memory and performs better, especially on older devices.
- Many small visual improvements.
- Fixes and improvements to combat, card logic and overall gameplay balance.
- Fixes and improvements to save game data.
- Tactical Shuffle and Vanish now interrupt across lanes if there's no enemy in the forward lane.
- Injury to Insult now shoots the last enemy that was attacked by your party, for extra damage if the last attack was made by an ally rather than the ARcher herself.
- Scrollbar added to pre-fight popup enemy list.
- If an enemy is at 30% health or under, Mercy range, their health meter will now pulse as an indicator.
- Saved games now remember what screen you were last on in the dungeon.
- Boon dialog can be closed early by tapping the screen.
- Banish now consistently cancels any active attacks on the target enemy.
- Mirror Shield nerfs: Reflects 120% damage base instead of 150%. Blocks half the damage of an enemy attack instead of all of it.
- Clarified that Mirror Shield also counts as a block.
- Changed description of Firestorm to clarify that it requires the Mage to attack after the third turn.
- Description of Kick and Bash changed to clarify that it works on Lightweight enemies.
- Enemy descriptions changed to clarify which ones are "Lightweight".
- Fixed Priest using wrong class title sometimes.
- Fixed an exploit with force quitting the game with Mending Boon.
- Mage's Arcing Blast now correctly does double damage if it's Shiny.
- Fixed a bug with using the Phoenix Feather with 2 dead party members.
- Various other fixes, adjustments, and changes based on player feedback.
Let us know what else you'd like to see, and thanks for the patience. This game involved a lot of new ground for us, and we'd like to improve on our work in the turn-based RPG genre in the future.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun, but not alot of variety
1st try: I got to the void 1st page. 2nd try: I beat the game, so relatively easy for me. Not alot of randomization when it comes to the dungeons. Both times played the layout seemed very similar along with what the vendors sell as well. Fighting is very repetitive. The guard is by far the best unit(1v5'd with the guard as last alive). If I were to give some tips I'd say start with the archer(highest damage dealing class) & guard. Rogue is pretty solid too. Priest is good for final battle. Mage is average. Basically, all you gotta do is take the least amount of dmg possible. Avoiding dmg is more important than dealing dmg. There's a skull indicator when an enemy is about to strike across. So you try to "interrupt" them or move into a different lane so your guard can tank the hit. The game needs more variation. Perhaps they should add equips for the units and monster loot
Five Card Quest
This game is fantastic - once I played a couple games and got comfortable with the mechanics and animations/attack patterns, the gameplay really opened up. I wanna say it's like a card battler, roguelike, RPG-lite type game, but it combines all of these elements so flawlessly that it doesn't come across as a hybrid game. It's just so beautifully done on every spectrum. The game does lag a bit on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2, but that's kind of to be expected by now with my ancient device and outdated OS... however, when I upgrade, this will be one of the first handfull of titles to get switched over to the new phone. Just like Mage Gauntlet and Wayward Souls, this game will be on my phone until it doesn't work anymore. THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN AMAZINGLY WELL DONE GAME, ROCKETCAT!!!!
Thank you for the update! I didn't think you guys could, but the performance enhancements really made the game play a LOT smoother on my phone. The new card menus, battle info and icons letting you know when enemies will hit were all fantastic additions to this already great squad based rogue-like.
Great little time killer
It's a fun game, but repetitive. The basic design is solid and it requires you to actively think and plan. Unfortunately, there's some balance issues that make it more repetitive than it should be. There's a variety of options to choose, but too many are ineffective. This leads to either sticking to what works or dying. The game is also too padded with fights that are exactly the same. With practically no incentive for battling beyond advancing toward the goal the game feels tedious at times. Despite its flaws, the core gameplay is solid, and it's quite fun in small bursts. It's great as something to distract you while waiting. Definitely better than the the average iOS game.
- Rocketcat LLC
- 197.1 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Rocketcat LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.