Darkland is a challenging platform game with one touch controller from indie developer. In this game, there is no moving buttons, no jumping button like others. Just touch to move and that is what you need to play. Be careful and prepare your finger. It is a quite hard platform game that you’ve never seen before. You might die many times before you complete the level. But don’t worry about the death, you won’t waste your time to wait a very boring game over scene. If you die, you can try again immediately so you can focus on your playing.
You will meet Billy who is a white block. In some ways, he is lost into Darkland. That is a very dangerous place. He didn't know why but he needs to escape. He is not a ninja or a warrior but now he has to fight alone and find the way out. The only way to get out is the gate. Of course, there is no easy life, he has to avoid the spikes, or the light blocks if he doesn’t want to start again. It means the dark platforms are safe for him.
- Simple gameplay with one touch controller.
- Minimalist art style with beautiful color and dynamic shadow system in a dusky atmosphere
- More than 50 challenging levels to play: move forward, fall down, go up or play in a unstable gravity environment, find the way to go or just challenge your timing.
- Enemies: light blocks and spikes
- Safe objects: teleporter, gravity switcher, black land
HOW TO PLAY
- Touch and hold to move forward
- Hit the wall to turn back
- Avoid enemies
- Try to get into the gate to complete the level
Enjoy the game!
- Add checkpoint system
- Adjust some levels
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t put it down. Am recommending it to all my friends. The things that would make it even better would be a way to scroll through each level to see where things are. Right now you only get a quick glimpse at the start of each level. Music repeats so often it got stuck in my head. Had to turn off the volume so I don’t hear it in my sleep. But still 5 stars. Thanks.
I absolutely love the game! I am very interested with the fact that you can use just 1 control to create a game that is quite like this! One problem I have is that I seem to crash every time I even try to load up level 34. Is my phone the issue? I hope that you may fix this. Other than that, I truly love this game!
The minimalist approach to the design and controls is just lovely, as is the music. Adorable and relaxing, with just the right amount of challenge. Great job to the developer. :)
- Hoang Vinh Nguyen
- 184.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Gudo Games
- In-App Purchases
- Donation Pack 0.99$ $0.99
- Donation Pack 2.99$ $2.99
- Donation Package 4.99$ $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.