Adaptivity is an app for developers and designers to visualize how iOS's Size Classes and margins for layout, readable content and the safe area look on real devices and how they change with respect to orientation, iPad Slide Over/Split View and Dynamic Type size changes. There are also views for visualizing Dynamic Type styles, System Colors, System Images and System Materials.
The Mac version is built with Apple's Mac Catalyst technology. It deliberately avoids making too many Mac-specific customisations in order to demonstrate default behaviour when bringing an existing iPad app to Mac.
• Visualize sizes for full view, layout margins, readable content guide and safe area layout guide.
• Sizes displayed in points or pixels (accounting for the content scaling of Catalyst apps).
• Regular or large navigation bar titles.
• Toggle navigation bar/toolbar/tab bar visibility.
• Activity View Controller support for sharing a snapshot image of each view.
• Multiple window support.
• Dark appearance support.
• Setting to force right-to-left layout.
• Handoff actions from Adaptivity on one device to Adaptivity (A) on another device.
• Popover, Form/Page Sheet, Full Screen and Automatic modal presentations.
• Table View Controller, Split View Controller and Tab Bar Controller.
• Explore System Colors, System Images and System Materials.
Adaptivity (A) for Mac is a universal purchase and includes an iOS version of the app. Buying one allows the other to be downloaded at no extra cost using the same Apple ID.
For more information see https://hacknicity.com/adaptivity/osx
• Fixed icon for the System Colors row in the More Actions menu.
• New screen to explore iPadOS 13.4 pointer interactions in the iOS version of the app.
Adaptivity does not prompt you for a review. If you find the app useful, please rate or review it in the App Store, or recommend it other developers and designers. This makes a huge difference to me and the future of the app.
Thanks in advance,
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Missing Developer Tool
Fantastic app - avoids the need to dig through tons of example documentation and create sample projects. Great idea and thank you!
Buy it now
Every developer and designer needs this app.
- Geoff Hackworth
- 2.8 MB
- Developer Tools
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 Hacknicity
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.