Music Practice Log helps you focus and have a more productive practice!
Create lists all your scales, arpeggios, pieces and exercises and use them to create practice sessions. See stats on how long you practice across days, weeks, months and years.
Track multiple instruments:
* Each instrument has its own list of categories and practice items
* Practice items can be added and organised into categories such as scales and arpeggios
* Add practice notes to each practice item
* Set a skill level for each practice item and update it as you progress
Create practice sessions that help you focus:
* Random and custom practice options with the ability to save multiple sets of options for reuse
* Sessions are timed
* Add time targets to each item
* Built-in metronome which remembers your tempo selection for each practice item
* Manually log a practice by logging time against practice items
* See the time you’ve spent practicing across days, weeks, months and years
* Change the colour scheme
* If you are an iCloud user, all data is backed up
**Please note that this app doesn't play any scales or arpeggios, it is designed as a tool to help musicians manage their practice time.**
Updates are planned regularly based on your feedback. Please do get in touch if you have any suggestions for additions that you would like to see within this app.
This update contains the following changes:
- support for dark mode
- a widget to track your weekly practice time
- practice count and last practice date added to the practice list view
- the notes view now supports links
- the notes view allows font size to be increased / decreased
- additional small improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, but still missing some features to make it 5 Stars
This app does everything a practice journal would do, but Better! I love the categories and sub categories, makes managing practices easier.
Best option is the randomization feature. Makes working on scales and chord exercises a lot better.
*The ability to select specific practice items, instead of a whole category would be helpful and time efficient.
The metronome is barebones, it could be improved.
*I would like to have subdivisions and possibly a different tone on the 1 count.
*Also would be helpful if it recorded in the practice log at what bpm I was practicing a piece. Instead of showing it only once the practice screen opens.
*One last input would be to add the ability to move a subcategory or exercise to another category without having to delete.
I would gladly pay $4.99 for this app if the developers keep improving on it. It’s really good
Pretty Good But Could Be Better
This app appears to have everything needed but is too granular both in setting up and trying to track progress.
To practice a piece you need to first set up an instrument, create (or choose a preset) category, sub category and finally an item ( a piece ). You then create a practice session and add the items to it.
Getting analytics on your practice time is equally granular. There’s no way that I can see to get the total time you practiced a piece throughout the day/week. You must go into each individual practice session throughout the day/week to find each and every time for the piece and total them up yourself.
The app has a basic metronome (nice touch) and a timer which you can pause. It’d be nice if the timer had an option to be a countdown timer so that you could limit the time you practice something to say, 10 minutes.
Great app especially for the price
This app took a bit of practice itself, to understand how to set it up. But, after entering a standard practice session, some exercises, and songs I’m working on, it is quick and simple to use.
For only $4 this app lets me track what I’m practicing and how much time I’m putting in. Because it uses iCloud, it doesn’t matter if I use my iPhone, or iPad, the same information is there. With some other apps requiring expensive subscriptions, I’m very happy using this one, even if I have to use a few others to supplement it. Thanks for making a very thoughtful and useful app at a reasonable price!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gary Milligan
- 46.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Gary Milligan 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.