GeoShred Pro Version 5, is an exciting update, now with In-App-Purchases for GeoSWAM instruments on devices running iOS 11.4 or greater.
Imagine a new kind of musical instrument ...
An instrument where a performer can fluidly express multiple independent voices. An instrument that is both pitch fluid, and helps the performer precisely reach desired musical pitches in any temperament.
GeoShred is an award-winning, fluidly expressive musical instrument that runs on multi-touch devices.
It has a performance surface with “almost magic” pitch rounding algorithms which is coupled with a model of the physics of several types of musical instruments, support for AUv3, MIDI In/Out, MPE, and 3D Touch. It’s a fusion of Jordan Rudess’ performance concepts and a powerful, modeled guitar/effects based on the Physical Modeling research of Dr. Julius O. Smith III of Stanford/CCRMA. And, GeoShred's expressive control can be used with other synthesizers.
Tens of thousands of artists in 48 countries perform GeoShred with 30% of those users in India.
GeoShred is the Gold Medal Winner of the 2019 Denny Award, winner of a 2019 Guthman New Musical Instrument Award, and winner of the 2017 Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award as "one of the most innovative, groundbreaking products to emerge in the past twelve months".
GeoShred Pro Version 5 Features include:
• In-App-Purchases (IAP) for 6 different GeoSWAM instruments, GeoViolin, GeoFlute, GeoTenoSax, GeoCello, GeoClarinet, and GeoOboe
• A fluidly expressive playing surface + a Physically modeled guitar
• Au3 plugin support on devices running iOS 11.4 or greater
• Intelligent pitch rounding
• A diatonic keyboard where every key on the screen is in the scale.
• MIDI IN/OUT and MPE support
• MIDI control using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, virtual MIDI and all digital interfaces
• MIDI configuration presets
• 3D touch on iPhones that support 3D touch
• Customizable control surface can be mapped to physical MIDI controls
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support.
• Backing tracks
• Multiple Modeled effects
• Modeled feedback and VCF effects
• Echo, a unique looper and multi-tap echo
• Finger vibrato, slide and fret scraping
• Unique mono mode using intervals of multiple strings.
• Built-in Arpeggiator
• Alternative tunings and temperaments
• Support for world scales and temperaments including Indian Ragas, Arabic and Balinese scales.
• Easily share presets with friends
Praise for the GeoShred family of apps:
“GeoShred is brilliant- it’s a real instrument.” – Eddie Jobson
“A fantastic new invention which is going to revolutionize the way music is played, expressed and learned! “GeoShred” is one of the foremost best musical inventions I’ve had the pleasure to experience in recent years. Definitely 5 stars out of 5! GIGANTASTIVISSIMO…..R…A…Z !!!!!” – Patrick Moraz
“That’s just nuts. You’re [Jordan] the best-guitarist-without-a-guitar of all time” – Joe Satriani
“GeoShred is a breakthrough [musical instrument] for the iPad. Some might think it’s the best evidence yet that there has indeed been reverse engineering of alien technology, but if that’s the case, then aliens play guitar…and worship Jimi Hendrix.” – Craig Anderton Harmony Central
We are dedicated to offering the highest level of musical instrument experience for our customers worldwide. It would mean a lot to us if you could leave your positive review on the App Store and If you have any questions about GeoShred we would love to hear from you at our support email address: email@example.com
Minimum Requirements: iOS 11.4 or better is required for AUv3 support and GeoSWAM instruments.
***Note: The GeoSWAM instruments can ONLY be performed from the GeoShred keyboard or MPE controllers.
***Note: Unfortunately, due to App Store limitations, previously purchased instrument IAPs can not be applied to a purchase of the collection IAP.
Bug Fix Release
- Issue with tuning of temperaments has been fixed
- Issues with MIDI Out have been addressed.
- Issue with sliding and Piano/Guitar quantization has been fixed
- Setlist/Preset state saving for multiple instances of the plugin improved. Please explicitly select a preset for each plugin instance.
- Less intrusive flow for receipt validation, and purchase restoration.
- The popup for presets with IAP instruments has been eliminated, and users may now flip un-interrupted through these presets.
- New GeoSWAM presets with KeyY vibrato for GeoShred Keyboard and MPE controllers.
- Issues with user setlists fixed.
- Issue with global tuning (Menu> Settings> Tuning) has been fixed.
- Issues requiring re-install have been addressed.
- Issues with preset saving from the plugin have been fixed.
- Graphical cross-talk between multiple AUv3 instances is fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Most expressive instrument on iOS
I am a guitar player so the layout makes perfect sense to me and i think the way you can be fully expressive with this app makes it such an inspiring and incredible fun experience. And it is so much essier to shred with this app than an actual guitar hahah. And it takes up less physical space as well, so perfect for playing on the go 😁
Love the sounds too and the feedback and bend controls. Great effects built in as well and so many crazy in depth features to almost everything. This app deserves to be seen as a unique instrument in its own right. Get it even if you are not a musician or a virtuoso. This app is fun for everyone no matter what skill level you are on. 👍👍👍👍 You can imagine to being Jordan Rudess and John Petrucci and shred almost like them 😉🤪
Great technical support too. Great developer and of course Jordan Rudess is the man! Support these awesome guys 😎🥳
Best iPad Music App
I have a lot of music apps, but I keep coming back to play GeoShred. The built-in patches are beautifully programmed and show off the versatility of sound that can be created with advanced physical modeling. The playing surface allows me to control pitch as if I had a magical fretless instrument capable of amazing intonation. Obviously the work of the Wizard! Also cool is the mode that can display only the “right” notes of a scale which is amazing for beginners as well as pros. It’s a powerful platform that is not only a sound engine but also one of the most powerful MPE-style MIDI controllers that I have ever experienced, and I have worked with a lot of hardware such as the Roli Seaboard and Linnstrument. I was able to access tons of support material online and I must say that this developer is one of best at continuing to update and support this app.
A real instrument!
I like this very much. This is a very interesting instrument. I play Indian music, among others, and I find myself playing relatively easily. I gave it only four stars (That is now changed to five!) because it’s hard to access all the info, and I hate having to step through to find the sound if it’s #60, for instance. (Received new info... thank you!) Otherwise, a very interesting and playable instrument. I happen to love the tuning in 4ths, my instrument has that so I find things easily here. Also would love to have some more and better acoustic sounds. UPDATE; I have received more info, and now I’m really liking this TOTALLY NEW INSTRUMENT! Five stars ! more discoveries await, including better acoustic instrument sounds. VERY playable!
- Wizdom Music LLC
- 198 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014-2020 moForte Inc and Wizdom Music LLC
- In-App Purchases
- GeoCello $14.99
- GeoSwam Collection $74.99
- GeoViolin $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.