Cloud Outliner enables you to create and share outlines - interactive and highly customizable notes that organize your plans, projects, and ideas in a clear way.
This tool is not yet another notebook app or sticky notes organizer for mobile devices. Not even a little! Thanks to the extensive import and export functionality, rich-text editor, and truly intuitive user interface with gestures, the solution will become your reliable assistant both at work and home. All your thoughts, ideas, ongoing tasks, and even arbitrary memos will be kept safe and available close at hand. You can simply focus on the things that really matter – and the Cloud Outliner will cover everything else. Install Cloud Outliner to reduce complexity and easily align your daily routines!
Data management and protection:
• Flexible multi-tier document manager
• Highly visible color stickers to mark important records
• Password protection
• Customizable document templates
• Duplicate document operation
• Back and Forward navigation buttons
Rich-text outline editor:
• Drag and Drop functionality for sorting and reordering rows
• Multi-selection feature to reorder rows, change indentation, or delete them all at once
• Optional checkboxes that facilitate selection
• Optional automatic numbering (3 styles)
• Adding notes to data and list items
• Customizable text size, color, and style
• Highlighting important rows using different text colors and styles
• View completed tasks
• Collapse/expand functionality for all items
• Filters for displaying only checked or only unchecked items
• Undo/redo operations
• Cut/copy/paste data to outlines or even external apps (Notes, Mail, Safari, etc.)
• Automatic highlighting of links and phone numbers
Sharing of outlines:
• Import and export of OPML files
• Print outlines
• Share outlines to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reminders, Notes, Email, Messages
• Light and Dark themes
• Customizable shortcuts
• Search by outline name or an arbitrary text
• Thanks to the autosaving, you don’t need to save documents anymore
Available only in the Pro version:
• Export of outlines to PDF
• Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone and Mac
• Sync outlines with Evernote
• No banners, no ads
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Sometimes a great notion
is hard to deliver, but Cloud Outliner 2 delivers for me. I needed a straightforward outlining program for a project whereof I had pages and pages of unorganized notes. It was begging for an outline, but somehow, forking over ~$50 for Omni Outliner seemed too much of a stretch. Thus Cloud Outliner 2. The difference between this program and the Pro appears to be the latter prints to a pdf, synchronizes to the app on your mobile devices, as well as sync with Evernote. And no ads (I haven’t seen any). I need none of the Pro features at this point, I’m working entirely on OSX El Capitan, and the free version works well for me. You can save your project to the filesystem as a Cloud Outliner Doc, OPML or HTML. No major cons to report.
Nice software... with limitations
I do like the software a lot - a lot. I keep finding myself wanting to go back to it and use it, even though it doesn't make a lot of sense in my situation (I'm in IT, and I work on just about every platform conceivable, so I need real cross-platform compatibility). The presentation and functionality of the software is excellent, and I have not noticed a single hiccup in performance when using it. So the two reasons I only gave it three stars are:
1. This is kind of a small item, but there are lot of the keystrokes (shortcuts), that are not what one would call industry standard. For example, many companies that create outlining software use the TAB and SHIFT TAB to promote/demote lines in the outline. This just makes it a bit unintuitive at first, but it still functions well.
2. Cross platform usability is missing. I would not have included this as a drawback at one point in time, but who seriously uses only one computing platform any longer? If you have a job, there's a greater than 90% chance you are stuck using a PC if you want to or not. Imagine Evernote only having a Mac version, instead of being available on every platform all time. That just doesn't make sense in our completely, continuously online, connected world any longer.
I believe if Xwavesoft were to create a true cross-platform app that would work on anything and be available everywhere, they would have more business than they could handle.
I like it kinda
It is a good outliner I was just hoping that I could not always use it like a checklist or a list. I am trying to repolace notecase pro and I was hoping this was t he answer but I don't think so. I am sgonna keep it though becuase it is very fast and I think it may come in handy for something.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.