Want to make it easy for your listeners to tap directly through to sponsors? Skip over spoilers if they aren’t caught up? See what’s coming up in your episode? Let Podcast Chapters help.
With Podcast Chapters you can add MP3 chapter markets to your MP3 files, supported by most podcast clients, including Apple Podcasts!
• Really Fast: From exporting your podcast out of your audio program, to having an MP3 file with chapter markers ready to post, Podcast Chapters is the fastest way to get your podcast in the hands of your fans.
• Dead Simple: No complex export settings, no pages of preferences, and the shortcuts you already know. You import your file, add the chapters, then export it. It just works.
• Listen Back: If you're not sure where to drop your chapter markers, listen back in Podcast Chapters. Adding a new chapter marker will drop it automatically at your current position.
• Add Metadata: No need to go into iTunes and set metadata tags, Podcast Chapters now lets you set the podcast and episode metadata, including your show
• Power-User Features: Do you edit multiple podcasts? Save time with the presets system in Podcast Chapters. Save your shows with pre-set metadata, including the show art. Never spend hours searching for that one image file again.
• Native to the Mac: No uploading, using a clunky web interface, and re-downloading. Podcast Chapters is designed for the Mac you use and love, by someone who uses and loves it too.
That bug in the last version which caused chapter information to disappear? There was indeed a bit more to it, but now it's nailed thanks to great problem reports from users. As a bonus, Podcast Chapters also became quite a bit better at preserving whatever information other audio apps may have added to the ID3 tag.
Ratings and Reviews
Oustanding, Simple App that Does what it Says
We've been using this app for years! It's been consistently reliable for its purpose—and even has a feature where you can save presets with your podcast cover art and basic information. A great app that simply does what it says! We need more apps like this on the App store!
It's great if all you want is chapters
The chapter-adding functionality is reliable and very helpful. Being able to play back in-app and see where your chapters begin and end is great. However, the app also offers the ability to add episode and chapter-specific images, and I've had zero success getting those to actually show up in supporting podcast players (Overcast and Castro, for example). I emailed the developer months ago asking about this, but never heard back. This app wasn't exactly cheap, either, so to have persistently broken functionality is inexcusable. I would recommend the free Forecast from Marco Arment instead. It's a little more fiddly when entering chapter starts, and you can't listen in-app to check your timing, but it has a lot of great built-ins to save time, and the pictures actually work.
Great for adding metadata
It's so easy to add metadata (chapters and other stuff like the artwork and titles) to episodes, straight out of Logic! It's worth the money!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.