Record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch, we'll leave it up to you! This app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, editing with unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
We'd appreciate any feedback or bug reports!
• Multitrack audio recording / playback
• MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor and MPE support
• Drum pattern editor (including triplets)
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Flexible effect routing: an unlimited number of effects can be placed on a grid, featuring parallel effect paths.
• Assign LFO's to effect parameters or lock parameters to tempo
• Sidechain on the compressor effects
• Inter-app audio effects and instruments
• AudioBus support (including AudioBus remote)
• Audio Unit instruments, effects and AU MIDI
• Virtual analog synthesizer 'Evolution One' featuring morphing oscillators, FM, Sub Osc, Noise, Portamento, 2 LFO's that can be routed to 12 targets, Moog type filtering, effects, ARP, sequencer and more!
• Soundfont (sf2/sfz) support: free GS/GM Soundfont included, add more from the Soundfont shop or from your own collection
• Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, time-stretching etc. with full undo/redo
• Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download)
• Track freezing to save CPU usage
• Clip volume and fade points
• Loop playback
• Automation of mixer and effect parameters
• Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC
• MIDI clock sync
• Punch in/out
• Unlimited number of tracks and groups
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer
• AudioShare support
• Cloud sync using Google Drive and Dropbox
In short: a complete portable multitrack music studio that will replace your fourtrack recorder or tape machine!
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to expand your studio:
• ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• ToneBoosters Compressor
• ToneBoosters Ferox
• ToneBoosters V4 Barricade
• ToneBoosters V4 EQ
• ToneBoosters V4 ReelBus
• ToneBoosters V4 Reverb
• Vocal Tune with two-voice harmonizer
• Soundfont instrument packs
• Loop packs from Function Loops
The 'PRO' in-app purchase is only for people who downloaded version 1.x in the past and is not applicable to version 2.0 or higher.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! We'll gladly solve any problem!
* Selecting 'None' as source track to remove the sidechain didn't work. Solved.
* Changing instruments while playing back could potentially cause a crash. Solved.
* Changing instruments while using a MIDI controller could block MIDI events from being processed for some time. Solved.
* Changing instruments from Evolution One to a AUv3 could cause a crash. Solved.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Recorded 48 tracks from my Midas M32r!
Great DAW app removed one star because it’s a CPU hog when running instrument synths. AUM can handle 8 plus synth apps on my iPad Pro, AE gets cpu overloads with 4 synths. I hope this can be fixed in an update. Great for backup recordings to my iPad off my M32r so its worth the price just for that, and able to get files off to my Mac Pro easily unlike N-track where you have to jump through hoops to get them off. That being said N track has easily selectable channel outputs when connected to my board, with AE you have to setup mix buses to output each track to separate channels. N track creates them for you when you select an output. N track also can handle a lot more AU synths. I really like AE so hoping they keep improving on it and for the price it can’t be beat.
I have all of the iOS DAWs and this one is #1
Like the title says, I have all the iOS DAWs including Auria Pro, Cubasis 2, GarageBand, Nano Studio 2......etc, etc. I have used Auria Pro and Cubasis 2 as my main workhorses. Auria Pro for its bussing, Cubasis 2 because of its much better work flow. By sheer accident or by divine fate I stumbled upon this DAW and at first I almost passed it by. With the puny $9 price point what could it possibly offer that I already had? Well, for whatever reason I decided to download it. My two biggest gripes about Cubasis are the lack of busses and lack of markers, which is something I use quite a bit of. Auria Pro has the busses but I just cannot get into the workflow of that software. Audio Evolution has it all and more! The workflow is seamless AND it covers busses and markers. I think the developers have lost their mind on the price point! If you are looking for an iOS DAW or are just tired of all the work arounds required by the others then I seriously suggest giving Audio Evolution a try. THIS is what I’ve been looking for all along! I’ve been an iOS musician since 2014 and a recording musician for over 35 years, so I’ve had some experience with these things. I finally feel like my search for an iOS DAW is over.
Intuitive and transparent
I am mostly using this daw to mix sound files to make ambient fixed media pieces. I have used most other ios daws and find this app to be quick, transparent, fast and doesn’t get in the way. If a bit quirky at first, I adapted to it quickly and it is now my primary ios daw. There is something organic about using my fingers to manipulate the file instead of a mouse but then transfer to the desktop for a more robust computer environment or quickly store files in AudioShare. I am not playing midi instruments and recording voices ( maybe a bit) as many others; so, maybe I can’t entirely speak to this. But this seems like it would be quick and great for this and the tone boosters mastering purchases addons are reasonable and excellent. The purchase price of the app is much cheaper than others and I prefer it regardless of price.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Davy Wentzler
- 160.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © eXtream Software Development
- In-App Purchases
- PRO (v1.x only) $5.99
- Vocal Tune $2.99
- ToneBoosters FX pack 1 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.