"BEST HOUSE TECH GLITCH D&B APP in years!"
K Machine is a new kind of audio visual instrument, allowing the creation of sound & touch responsive, dynamic, and vibrant animations.
Designed for for musicians, shaders enthusiasts, VJs, and animation lovers in search of a live oriented, open, audiovisual instrument, K Machine combines a powerful audio sample sequencer and an original vertex shader sequencer based on a unique 'automatic transition interpolation' engine.
▶ A multifunctional tool
The K Machine can be used in different ways:
• As a VJing tool, using an audio input through mic or any other Audiobus compatible App.
• As a sound creation tool, with the default empty shader so you won't be distracted by any visual animation.
• Or in its full potential for true audiovisual composition.
▶ Import your sounds
• K Machine accepts WAV and AIFF formats, 16 bits, 44100 Hz
• Import from iTunes File sharing, Audioshare, Audiopaste or "Open in..." from any app with Export functionality.
▶ Import your visuals
• The initial version of K Machine comes with more than 30 default vertex shaders, and 4 commented shader examples.
• No limitation ! Import your own visuals, with the "Open in.." feature, use any external code editor App with Export functionality to create your own vertex shaders files.
• Shaders format is 100% compatible with shaders from vertexshaderart.com
• A simple line of code allows the creation of up to 8 parameter controllers for each vertex shader.
▶ A flexible tool
• Each loop can have its own BPM.
• Each loop can have its own number of beats.
• Events can be splitted in 1/3, 1/5 1/7 or 1/11 !
▶ Capture videos on the fly
• Simple click on the 'video capture' button starts live video recording of your ongoing session with zero drop in performance.
• Resulting video is automatically recorded in your photo album and can be shared on Facebook, EveryPlay, Youtube...
▶ Project on second screen with invisible UI
Connect your device with HDMI or VGA adapter to display only the visual part of the ongoing animation. Perfect for live session !
▶ Universal app
Buy once and use on your IPad and Iphone devices.
▶ Use with other apps
• Ableton link Ableton link: synchronise with any Ableton link app.
• Audiobus 3.0.3
• Audiobus Remote: control K Machine from another device.
• Audioshare: import edit your own samples with Audioshare.
• Audiopaste and Audiostore: import sample with Audiopaste and/or browse an amazing sample collection through the Audiostore.
See a new online video demo for v 2.0 here: https://vimeo.com/215816844
Full documentation : http://kolargon.com/KMachineV2Doc/KMachineV2Documentation.html
K Machine gives it's full potential with openGL ES 3 capable devices. Please check documentation to make sure your device is compatible.
The K Machine won't work for the following devices:
iPhone 4s and earlier
iPad 3 and earlier
iPad Mini 1
iPod Touch 5 and earlier
Will work with some limitation on the following devices.
iPad Mini 2
iPad Mini 3
If you like the app, please consider posting a review on the AppStore, this will really help.
Ideas, suggestions are very welcome, do not hesitate to leave your contributions in the comments or even better, at www.kolargon.com.
Please do contact(mail below) to report any bug of any kind on any platform. It will fix it ASAP.
Check/subscribe for more infos, docs and demos:
This app use Superpowered audio sdk.
- IPhone X display bug fixes.
- Minor bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
BEST HOUSE TECH GLITCH D&B APP in years!
Just as Samplr and Patterning raised the bar on certain genres of music creation apps, K MACHINE brings an exciting take on a masterful interface and concept. Imagine this, 3 different sequencers of samples- complete parameter control and automation of each. Now imagine a visual sequencer that users shaders. Now envision tactile control of the parameters and sounds using visuals and touch as modulation controllers! If you are really advanced you can duplicate and multiply sequences giving you control of 12-15 sequences modulated and rotated or randomized into 3 simultaneous parts! Oh did I mention it is Universal? This app is great for a person is creative and wants more than a boring piano roll or art app. This app is the only app besides Elastic Drums that I can say I love to use all by itself. No effects or other apps even needed to make entire songs or just parts of a song to use with other apps. The developer is super motivated and responsive to users ideas. This app is worth more that it costs, I give you my word. Must buy for anyone who loves electronic music, beats, noise, or just something to stimulate your brain.
The beautiful disaster
The software is amazing for an iPhone. But it is a little too strong for the processor. It’s an amazing app but needs optimizing for the iOS system. It’s all fun and games until you’re 99% done with a complex song and as you hit the save button the software crashes and then takes every ounce of willpower you have not to destroy your phone.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for this frustrating bug you have encountered. Could you contact through support email about it ? we are always very responsive for each bug report we receive, and will always make our best to fix it asap, but we would need a bit more informations (device and context). Thanks in advance !
Worth every penny
Very satisfied with the functionality
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.