Welcome to LiveJournal, the blogosphere's biggest resource, and meet the totally new LiveJournal app! Handsome, convenient and fast - that is what the new app is like. You may write on your blog, post comments, share to social networks, read your Friends Feed and Top LJ, and much more - LiveJournal is there for you, fast and easy, anytime, anywhere.
1. Totally new mobile app - modern, convenient and of high standards for iOS apps.
2. Read the latest posts in LJ without having to log in or register - all you need is download the app. If you wish to start your own blog, you can also join us right through the app - it really takes no time.
3. Unique tree-structured comments system allows you to participate in numerous discussions at a time without ever getting mixed up.
4. It's fast (we really mean it). Publishing your posts, downloading feed, crossposting to social networks - in a flash.
5. The data is cached, which means that no connection break will prevent you from reading entries and comments once they've been downloaded. Moreover, you can write and save drafts while offline and post them once the connection is restored.
Download the LiveJournal app for free now and keep up with the most exciting posts!
Log in and Join screens are updated.
Bugfixes and other improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love lj. I’ve had a journal since high school and I’m 29. But this app is a joke. I really miss how they used to have a passcode you could put on it so that if someone found your phone they at least wouldn’t be able to read your journal. Well, now you can just get right into it. Also, this app lacks a lot of things that the website allows like changing journal styles, uploading icons, searching for other journals. It’s way too basic. Today when I went to update my journal, the page wouldn’t scroll and my keyboard was covering my text where I was typing. I couldn’t scroll down far enough because it wouldn’t let me and even if I keep typing it still stays below the keyboard. Now I have to write my entries in Apple notes and paste it to my journal. Come onnnn lj!!! You’re better than this!!!
I had the same experience as the commentator before. I’ve been using LJ since middle school and I’d love to continue and keep everything together, but the user interface is abysmal. The app is bare bones with features. All you can do is post a short entry and then the text won’t scroll so you’re typing blind- so that’s actually useless unless you paste it from a text app.
You can’t change or upload icons or even look at old friends journals. It’s clunky and difficult to access your archive. It’s sad for me to think that so many of my memories are just stuck in this mostly defunct site. I can only hope someone makes a better client for LJ, because the official one doesn’t seem to be doing anything.
I’ve been using my LiveJournal account since 2006. As said in another review, I can't even use this app, because when writing in the text box for posting an entry, the spot where I’m writing the text is way up off my screen. I can't see what I’m typing. I can't scroll to see what I typed. If the composition feature is barely navigable, than that means this app fails at its most basic component. It’s much easier to just use LiveJournal on a browser than this app, so why bother? Whoever designed or approved this app should be ashamed. A fully-functional composition feature is an absolute must, and a passcode protecting one’s journal and more robust community features are also necessary.
- Rambler Internet Holdings LLC
- 30.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 1999 LiveJournal, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.