Have you ever been concerned about online privacy? Would you mind someone reading your mail? If your answer is "Yes" then SenseMail is for you! Protect your communications with this state-of-the-art application. SenseMail is easy to use, a secure e-mail client for your favorite email providers. We thought of every possible threat to your data when we created this app.
SenseMail protects your privacy from the application launch to reading your messages. No data leaves your device or is stored unprotected. SenseMail uses industry-standard algorithms to ensure that your information is safe. We protect it with AES-256 encryption with compression and secure hashes, and we never send or store your data unencrypted. Without a password, no one can read your messages. Use of slow crucial 1-2-second derivation functions to convert your passwords into keys makes brute-forcing economically unfeasible with a password longer than six symbols. You can also add multiple mail accounts to SenseMail, and you can create several completely independent profiles, only enter a profile's password for access. The app will never complain about a wrong password: it will show what it takes for it to make a guess harder.
To launch the app, you need to enter a pin that protects your local storage. To send a message, you need to enter a password that the recipient must know to read your mail. If you wish, you can use a unique password for each recipient or even for every message. You can also exchange keys with the other party, tap in a password, and your message will be sent protected with a 256-bit certificate that is much more secure than a password.
The price you pay for the security is a short delay before you open a message or access your data. However, we did our best to make SenseMail easy to use and to get positive user experience.
Key features are:
- All your data, such as messages, settings, contacts, notes, and images are secure
- We have no means to recover your data or passwords should you forget it
- SenseMail uses public e-mail service providers. Gmail works best!
- No messages are stored on your device.
- Supports pre-exchanged 256-bit keys to provide maximum security
- There are two password types – one to enter the app that is used to secure your local data. The other is used to encrypt a message you send
- AES-256, HMAC, PBKDF2, SHA-256, gzip algorithms are used for protection
- Connects to virtually any IMAP mail provider
- Combined Inbox folder for all your accounts
- Read/send unencrypted messages
- Has built-in server settings for major e-mail providers
- Secure storage for image gallery, contacts, and notes
- Only one recipient for a message (for security reasons – do not use the same password for several people)
- Cannot save drafts (again, for security reasons – we do not store any irrelevant data on a device)
- Attachments count is not limited but is it advised to keep it below 10 for optimal memory usage (i.e., for iPod touch)
- Only IMAP TLS is supported (security reason again)
- No searches on message body or subject (since you need to enter a password to gain access to it)
- No push or scheduled mail check
- Added Biometric ID
- Messages auto-load reaching the end of the message list
- Message sort option - sort the entire list or just newly loaded letters
- Address autocomplete uses the system's address book
- Added an option to encrypt a received message on the server to store it safely
- A possibility to connect to the SMTP server with invalid SSL certificate
- We slightly redesigned a message view page
- View message as an HTML or a plain-text source
- Other bugfixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great and unique secure email app
Our phones and tablets are not actually secure from close friends and family because we often allow them to know our PIN and add their fingerprints. This is the ONLY app available to hide our private email from these people who normally look at our photos, and even messages.
This app has many great features that really hide our private information. It is smart enough not to present a “failed password” message, so anyone typing in the wrong password simply sees a blank app, with no email accounts. It’s really smart.
There is also a private storage space for secret photos and images (but not video).
This app can even be used on a business phone or tablet, which is supplied by your company, yet it can hide your personal emails from the IT administrator (who otherwise has access to everything on your phone).
It is recommended you use an IMAP email server because there is no copy of your Sent emails on this app (for security reasons) and in fact no email is even saved on it. Every session it retrieves your IMAP emails (most recent ones; you can ask it to get more older email).
This turned out to be a great app but lack of detailed documentation and a rather mediocre user interface makes it a little difficult getting started. However, once it is set up, it is a fantastic app. It really keeps your email private.
- Creepytwo Labs Ltd
- 14.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2019 Creepytwo Labs Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.