GCal for Google Calendar is the Best Mac app for Google Calendar.
Keep track of life's important events all in one place that gives you fast and instant access to Google Calendar without ever needing to open your web browser.
• Instant access to Google Calendar via your Mac's menu bar or Dock.
• Fast and responsive design.
• Get alert directly into Notification Center.
• Very easy to add events or appointments and share.
• Global Hot Key to open app or create events.
• If you want you can keep the window floating.
• Resizable window with responsive design.
• Visually amazing design and interface.
• Built with the latest available technology for an amazing experience.
JOIN CONFERENCE MEETINGS EASILY:
• Quickly join call/video meeting from the menu bar or the Dock.
• GCal for Google Calendar will find your meetings and display them. Join your meeting in easy 1 click.
• GCal for Google Calendar is retrieving all the major video conferencing services (Google Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Webex...)
• Join a meeting with your Web Browser or the native app (Zoom, Teams)
• If you have multiple Web Browsers you can assign a specific Web Browser or Native app for a conferencing service.
• Multi accounts selector from the sidebar, and from keyboard shortcuts for a better workflow.
• Beautiful Dock icon displaying date. (Includes 7 themes)
• Beautiful Big Sur Widgets. (Includes 7 themes)
• Beautiful Dark Mode.
GCal for Google Calendar never prompt you for a review because we value your workflow too much to interrupt it.
NB: An Internet Connection is needed to use GCal for Google Calendar. Offline mode not supported.
GCal for Google Calendar is not affiliated with, associated to, nor endorsed by Google in any way. Google, and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
We've worked hard to make GCal for Google Calendar as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
[New] After 5 years, we are today updating our icon to look great with Big Sur. We hope you will like it as much as we do.
[New] Join easily your video conferencing meeting from the Dock or Menubar. (Google Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Webex...)
[New] Select where to open conference meeting links (native app, default browser, Safari, Google Chrome...)
[New] Enjoy the new beautiful Dark theme.
[New] Sidebar account switcher and from keyboard shortcuts for a great workflow.
[New] Great Big Sur Calendar Widgets with 7 themes.
[New] The Dock icon now comes with 7 themes.
[New] Ready for Apple silicon.
[Bug Fixed] Many bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Key features still missing and frequently buggy
I use this app every day on my laptop just so I can have an easy command-tab access to my calendar. This app frequently fails to save my changes, however, and there are certain features that have just never worked.
The number one feature I would request that they fix immediately would be that hyperlinks in the event notes actually function. At this point if I want to open a link that has been dropped into the notes of a calendar event, I have to open my calendar from a browser to do so. How is this not a priority feature?
EXCELLENT Google Calendar Application
I have been using this application for years and have no idea why it has so many negative reviews. Earlier it was not perfect and did have some glitches, but the new update is amazing and is exactly what any heavy-duty Google calednar user would want.
It works exactly like Google calendar online and also has nice native macOS keyboard shortcut features. I have had no issues with links and creating new events. Making new events is easy; it is just like the web version of Google calendar.
RAM is usage heavy compared to other native applications (roughly as much as a Chrome plugin), but still reasonable.
Dark mode is good but there's too much 'glow' at times and the text for scheduled events do not have enough of a contrast with background colors. Would be nicer if the dark theme took a more modern and 'flat' approach, but is still a fine theme.
I would use this over other GCal calendar applications such as Woven, and this is superior to Apple's built-in caledar if you're a Google Calendar user.
Overall, excellent application and amazing update!
No what I expected
I downloaded this app thinking I'll be able to sinc all my Google Accounts Calendars in one place like iCal, but it's only letting me see one calendar at the time. I tried to contact support before writing this review in case it's me doing something wrong, but when I click the support link it takes me to a blank website and says is "not secure". I would like to request a refund please. Thanks.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chandalis Meas
- 4.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Yellow Monkey Studio
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.